My thoughts on The upcoming Updates

Joseph Fowler

personally I like that 1.15 is going to focus on homesteading. Its going to provide quality of life improvements to the already strong parts of the game, along with fleshing out the eco systems of the world. Ive never had any issues with the biome diversity, but ive had minor issues with how biomes that should be abundant with wild life are barren. I honestly cant wait for the bird flocks.

I feel like 1.16 should focus more on the lovecraftian aspect. The combat update should either come with it, or come after it, for there is no reason to add on to it when the world only contains 2 monster types, with only the saw blades and bell locust being fundementally different. The lovecraftian update would not only introduce new mechanics, but would add on and flesh out the weakest and most underdeveloped part of the game(in my opinion) 

although more metal ages, further content to steel age, and more primitive mechanical technology is needed, I feel like this stuff should be added after the lovecraftian update, due to the fact that most people are not at that point in the game yet. Im 48 hours in and im still in the copper age.

I feel like the oceans update should be added after the previously mentioned content, unless it can be added in the homestead update( witch im sure is not going to happen). Although fishing is usually a requirement in many survival games, I feel like it can wait. Most of the game play takes place on land, and although prettier oceans and aquatic fauna are pretty to look at, its not something that will add anything meaning full to the game. Im kinda refering to the minecraft aquatic update, although the games oceans needed improvement, the glitter and glamor of the new oceans and its life didnt really add any meaningful content to the game. It was cool at first, but it didnt really improve the game in any meaningful aspect, besides adding something nice to look at. Although other content was added, very few of the new additions were actually useful. I DO KNOW That if this game gets an ocean update it will be 1000 times better than anything mojang can crap out, however this entire rant is focused on how more important and meaningful content should come first.

• Like 2

Y'know, I voted for the combat update with the lovecraft update being my second choice, but I think you've convinced me. If the homesteading update adds more wildlife then it'll add more reasons for combat, and same thing with any monsters/constructs in the lovecraftian update. Either way, I'm also looking forward to all the other aspects of homesteading that might be added, honestly. It's already a surprisingly fun part of the game, but I'm excited to see what else can be done with it!

I've unironically been looking for a great first person ranch simulator for an experience that I've never been able to get without heavily modded Minecraft, particularly with Pam's HarvestCraft. I could never get into Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley because I felt it was too simplistic and I wanted some hardcore ranching, man. I knew I had found something special with VS when I started getting into crop rotation and fertilizer. I know it's far-fetched, but I really hope we can get some yokes so I can marvel my glorious farm from atop my beasts of burden while I harvest. I don't want to hype myself up, but I feel like this is the only game out there right now where there's actually a chance of that happening and that's pretty cool.

Thats one thing i can agree on. Although i do love stardew valley, the animals dont have any Ai or special care requirments. In VS, i not only have to domesticate my animals over the generations, but i also get to see how my animals become more tame, My gen 4 hens dont flee from me when im 4 blocks away. The animal behavior is very advanced, and every animal is kinda different. The boar i lured into a pit on day one has never attacked me, but many wild ones try to kill me on the spot. I have to closely manage my sheep to make sure they are eating enough so they can breed, while also trying not to get killed by them. when i introduced a very colorful rooster into my coop, my other rooster started to fight with it, and me. On the other side of the spectrum, this is the only game that has made me worry about my plants, for i need to make sure they dont die.

In the end this game is great, and I cant wait to see some new animals in the next update. Although cattle, and beast of burden are not confirmed, at least bird flocks , expanded farming, and cooking are.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.