Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Hi guys,

i need help with Eggs (they seem to hate me xd)

never used this mod before but downloaded it recently quite like it,but...eggs hate me xd

i can crack them in a bowl just fine but when i crack them over a bucket it crashed my game. and i only get liquid egg white and egg shells how do i get the complete liquid egg? i dont get the yolk item? and im pretty sure a few days ago it worked.  wanted to make pasta dough but the recipi asked for liquid egg which i cant mix because i dont get the liquide yolk

thanks for help :)

43 minutes ago, Ivy33 said:

Hi guys,

i need help with Eggs (they seem to hate me xd)

never used this mod before but downloaded it recently quite like it,but...eggs hate me xd

i can crack them in a bowl just fine but when i crack them over a bucket it crashed my game. and i only get liquid egg white and egg shells how do i get the complete liquid egg? i dont get the yolk item? and im pretty sure a few days ago it worked.  wanted to make pasta dough but the recipi asked for liquid egg which i cant mix because i dont get the liquide yolk

thanks for help :)

Yeah I also get a crash if I try to crack them into a bucket, but you can crack ten of them into a bowl, so it's not so bad. The trick to getting the whole egg is to hold both crouch AND run while you crack them. Took me a while to figure that out too.

Updated to 1.6.3!

• Added Breaded Mushrooms
  • Added Soulstorm Brew
  • Braziers/Superfuels recipes updated
  • PS meatnuggets have proper perish rates; charred meatnugget perish rate nerfed
  • Hard lard drops fixed
  • Breadcrumbs can be made in the grid, too (recipe was incomplete)
  • Aged meat looks right on meat hooks
  • Handbook mentions scrambled egg recipe change
  • Cooking 104 tweaked for clarity
  • Boiled food added to handbook guide (whoops)
  • Salt in the handbook actually says it needs 10 L instead of 1 L
  • Patches are ALL server-side
  • Like 2

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.6.3

a couple of errors in the server console on startup:
EF 1.6.3
VS 1.17.9
ACA 1.0.8

Spoiler

15:05:10 [Server Error] Patch 85 (target: expandedfoods:recipes/simmering/ancienttools/breadedvegetable.json) in expandedfoods:patches/compatibility/ancienttools/recipes/simmerrecipes.json failed because supplied path /44/enabled is invalid: The json path /44/enabled was not found. No such element '44' at the root path
15:05:11 [Server Error] Patch 0 (target: game:itemtypes/liquid/vinegarportion.json) in bricklayers:patches/survival-itemtypes-liquid-vinegarportion.json failed because supplied path /attributes/handbook/exclude is invalid: The json path /attributes/handbook/exclude was not found. Could traverse until /attributes/handbook, but then 'exclude' does not exist. Full json at this path: {
  "ignoreCreativeInvStacks": true
}

Spoiler

15:05:20 [Server Warning] Failed resolving crafting recipe ingredient with code superfuel:firelog in Grid recipe
15:05:20 [Server Error] Grid Recipe 'expandedfoods:recipes/grid/superfuel/firelog.json': Output Item code superfuel:firelog cannot be resolved

• Thanks 1

I'm not able to make strawberry gelatin. I have the wildcraft strawberries and have tried it with both strawberry juice and strawberry syrup (both of which I can make without issue). If I replace the strawberry juice/syrup with an equal amount of another fruit (like blackcurrant) it works fine. I haven't tested other wildcraft fruits. Maybe a missing recipe?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ari said:

I'm not able to make strawberry gelatin. I have the wildcraft strawberries and have tried it with both strawberry juice and strawberry syrup (both of which I can make without issue). If I replace the strawberry juice/syrup with an equal amount of another fruit (like blackcurrant) it works fine. I haven't tested other wildcraft fruits. Maybe a missing recipe?

image.png.5b3b80a7ba5df7e424d78631640bfa18.png image.png.76388c559252bd9b25faec32b962ff43.png

Works on my machine?

I can't seem to make scrambled eggs. I've tried everything I can think of... .2 liters of egg in one slot doesn't work. .2 liters in two slots doesn't work. Trying it in a cooking pot or in the cauldron doesn't work. I feel like I must be doing something wrong, but no idea what... What am I missing?

Edited by Ari

23 hours ago, Ari said:

I can't seem to make scrambled eggs. I've tried everything I can think of... .2 liters of egg in one slot doesn't work. .2 liters in two slots doesn't work. Trying it in a cooking pot or in the cauldron doesn't work. I feel like I must be doing something wrong, but no idea what... What am I missing?

Meals require at least 2 slots to be filled in order to work. This applies to any meal, I believe.

image.png.2e799042f77676e1ec9763eaf620c422.png

Since I've basically combined the first 2 egg slots together, I guess you can consider this a stealth buff to scrambled eggs. Enjoy?

4 hours ago, Kassil said:

Question: is there a way or plan to be able to add jam to bread?

No, jam is a meal and that makes it difficult to interact with. I have plans to make my own jam/preserves system that would be compatible with everything else from this mod, but that's not high priority for me.

58 minutes ago, Noerrick said:

Is there a problem with the soft bread recipe, because I'm trying to make it and I can't make it.

"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

Smartass reply aside, having completed the recipe myself successfully recently, you need to give us more information on what you are doing for us to be able to tell you what you are missing / what the problem is / what you are doing wrong. Also, screenshots tend to help and require less effort on your part to describe what you did.

1 hour ago, Noerrick said:

Is there a problem with the soft bread recipe, because I'm trying to make it and I can't make it.

You might have one of the ingredients wrong, or you might have the wrong amounts. For many recipes, you have to have the exact amounts, no extra. To make the soft bread, put 1 bag of flour, 0.1 l of egg (which you get by cracking an egg into a bowl, which you do by holding sprint + sneak + right mouse button over the bowl until the egg cracks), and 0.1 l of liquid (water, milk, bone broth - add using a bowl or bottle, ctrl+right click to drop only 0.1 l at a time). If you want, you can also add 0.1 l of yeast starter for an HP bonus. You cannot add salt to this one. If you want to make more than one at a time, you have to increase them all evenly (so 2 bags flour, 0.2 l egg, 0.2 l liquid).

You put the items in the mixing bowl grid (in any order) and hold down right click on the mixing spoon until the dough appears in the output slot. You don't want a cooking pot in the slot.

If you've done all that and it's not working, some screenshots would help pinpoint the trouble.

9 hours ago, Ari said:

You might have one of the ingredients wrong, or you might have the wrong amounts. For many recipes, you have to have the exact amounts, no extra. To make the soft bread, put 1 bag of flour, 0.1 l of egg (which you get by cracking an egg into a bowl, which you do by holding sprint + sneak + right mouse button over the bowl until the egg cracks), and 0.1 l of liquid (water, milk, bone broth - add using a bowl or bottle, ctrl+right click to drop only 0.1 l at a time). If you want, you can also add 0.1 l of yeast starter for an HP bonus. You cannot add salt to this one. If you want to make more than one at a time, you have to increase them all evenly (so 2 bags flour, 0.2 l egg, 0.2 l liquid).

You put the items in the mixing bowl grid (in any order) and hold down right click on the mixing spoon until the dough appears in the output slot. You don't want a cooking pot in the slot.

If you've done all that and it's not working, some screenshots would help pinpoint the trouble.

thank you very much this helped me a lot

do you know by chance if there is a detailed list of recipes like this to know the quantities to put

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.