Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

No problem! In the handbook (open with H by default) in the guides section there are several guides for this mod that explain the ingredients and instructions for making each type of recipe:

image.png.a48c599bb36ad3bad5df796126db21a0.png

There are also a few in the "A Culinary Artillery: Primer" section, specific to using the cooking tools.

• Thanks 1

@Hells Razer Holy cow, I thought I was eating high on the hog just bc I toss sedge and elderberry into meat stew. But look at you, man, you're busting out some straight gourmet stuff. Sorry to interrupt the conversation, I just find it comical that I was tickled with my meat stew with a few herbs sprinkled in; I think it might be time for me to haul my character back to the kitchen.  

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, l33tmaan said:

Oh no... does this also happen if you try to put fried food in salads or pasta? 

Same problems with pasta and salads, with or without fried stuff.

Spoiler

2022-11-16_03-15-04.png

2022-11-16_03-15-10.png

Spoiler

2022-11-16_03-37-46.png

2022-11-16_03-37-54.png

Also in the handbook entry for cold pasta you do not specify that meat must be cooked

Edited by Hells Razer
  • Sad 1

I've downloaded the latest versions, and the assets for a few of the dried versions of fruits from wildcraft are missing. Dried blue raspberry, crowberry, husk tomato, bunchberry and wolf berry show up as white boxes. They are inedible as well. Tested with EF 1.6.3, WC 1.5.1, ACA 1.0.10 and VS 1.17.9.

I think there might be something wrong with the numbers for flavored yogurt. Mixing the yogurt and the flavor takes ages because it does it 10 mL at a time instead of 0.1 L. The result only gives 1 L total despite mixing 2 L of ingredients together (1L yogurt + 1L syrup) - other recipes don't do this (when making the yogurt culture the amounts of the ingredients are added so 0.5 L yogurt culture + 0.5 L pasteurized milk = 1 L yogurt). When you actually consume the yogurt it only consumes 10 mL at a time so it gives you almost no nutrition and takes ages to eat. Also for the amount of effort it takes to make yogurt and flavor it, it gives very little nutrition/healing - I'd hoped it would be more worthwhile considering how long it takes to make, waiting for the yogurt to cure, etc.

Edit: Aha, it looks like the nutrition and healing is much higher after I mix it into a meal rather than trying to eat it directly! There is still the issue with mixing only 10 mL at a time, though, and with losing half the ingredient amount when making flavored yogurt.

Secondary issue: my fresh pine resin is drying into normal resin in the buckets. As a result the fresh resin stops accumulating in the buckets. Also, I can't find any way to get the resin out. I managed to pour it from the buckets into a barrel, but it's still treated as a liquid - is there a way to get it out as a solid item for crafting? Thanks!!

Edit2: AHA! Turns out if I just break the barrel, the solidified resin pops out. Can't believe I didn't try that sooner. 😅 So I guess the only issue remaining from this post is the very very slow mixing of yogurt with flavor, and the apparent loss of half the ingredients. Also, I have noticed that the yogurt meal doesn't give any dairy saturation? Surely that's a mistake right?

Edited by Ari
  • Like 1

Hey, for some reason cooking water to receive salt doesnt seem to work for me. I have things set up exactly like in the example picture in the main post, but nothing is happening.

If i put in just one liter of water, the text says "will make 0 salt", but if I put in more (like the 4L in the picture) the text just disappears and nothing happens.

Im on the current game version btw.

1 hour ago, kathipaw said:

Hey, for some reason cooking water to receive salt doesnt seem to work for me. I have things set up exactly like in the example picture in the main post, but nothing is happening.

If i put in just one liter of water, the text says "will make 0 salt", but if I put in more (like the 4L in the picture) the text just disappears and nothing happens.

I think you need 10 liters to make 1 salt, so anything under that won't produce anything. (So yeah, I think the image in the first post is outdated.)

Edited by Ari

Thanks, Ari. I've updated the picture in the opening post to reflect the actual amount of water needed to make salt. That page is a pain to keep updated.

As for yogurt - I'll take a closer look at it. I remember there being some weird problems when I initially tried implementing it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kathipaw said:

Also in addition to what the others have said, the maximum amount you can make in one go depends on if you are using a saucepan, a mini cauldron, or a cauldron.

As an aside, I love how faster the big cauldron makes filling up barrels with water.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:58 AM, Ari said:

I think there might be something wrong with the numbers for flavored yogurt. Mixing the yogurt and the flavor takes ages because it does it 10 mL at a time instead of 0.1 L. The result only gives 1 L total despite mixing 2 L of ingredients together (1L yogurt + 1L syrup) - other recipes don't do this (when making the yogurt culture the amounts of the ingredients are added so 0.5 L yogurt culture + 0.5 L pasteurized milk = 1 L yogurt). When you actually consume the yogurt it only consumes 10 mL at a time so it gives you almost no nutrition and takes ages to eat. Also for the amount of effort it takes to make yogurt and flavor it, it gives very little nutrition/healing - I'd hoped it would be more worthwhile considering how long it takes to make, waiting for the yogurt to cure, etc.

Edit: Aha, it looks like the nutrition and healing is much higher after I mix it into a meal rather than trying to eat it directly! There is still the issue with mixing only 10 mL at a time, though, and with losing half the ingredient amount when making flavored yogurt.

Secondary issue: my fresh pine resin is drying into normal resin in the buckets. As a result the fresh resin stops accumulating in the buckets. Also, I can't find any way to get the resin out. I managed to pour it from the buckets into a barrel, but it's still treated as a liquid - is there a way to get it out as a solid item for crafting? Thanks!!

Edit2: AHA! Turns out if I just break the barrel, the solidified resin pops out. Can't believe I didn't try that sooner. 😅 So I guess the only issue remaining from this post is the very very slow mixing of yogurt with flavor, and the apparent loss of half the ingredients. Also, I have noticed that the yogurt meal doesn't give any dairy saturation? Surely that's a mistake right?

Alright, it looks like this issue is manifold.

The mixing bowl only outputs 1 item at a time. The smallest liquid item is 10 mL, so that explains that. I'll address that issue in ACA.

The inconsistent output size is easy to fix. However, I'm not sure why it only eats 10 mL at a time if you eat it directly. It only gives fruit saturation because it isn't an ExpandedLiquid item - it's just a regular liquid. Even if I did update this, I believe there's an issue in ACA where the extra nutrients aren't actually being counted in meals. It would look like it gives a ton of extra saturation, and then it just wouldn't. So it seems like there's three things to do:

1. Fix the ExpandedFood class (and ExpandedLiquid, I assume) so it actually gives proper nutrition in meals.
2. Add the ExpandedLiquid class to yogurt.
3. Give it proper dairy/fruit nutrition values.
4. Fix the mixing bowl so it outputs 0.1 L at a time.
5. Make it so you can actually drink yogurt on its own. I can't drink it from bowls or buckets - just the bottle, and only 0.01 L at a time. 

EDIT: It looks like the ExpandedLiquid class doesn't work properly in meals either. The extra nutrition completely overrides whatever the base nutrition is. 🤔

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Cookie time 1
  • Thanks 1

Hah, I knew it. Peanut butter and peanut sauce do use the ExpandedLiquid class and they also have weird output values. 10 mL of peanut paste and 10 mL of food oil and 10 mL of honey outputs 10 mL of peanut butter. That peanut butter just has all the nutrients of those 3 items jammed into 10 mL. 

Hilariously enough, you need 40 total mL of liquid to make peanut sauce, and that actually outputs 20 mL. If I make the outputs more consistent then I would need to adjust the nutrition values accordingly. AKA: nerf them.

• Cookie time 1

Another yogurt-related question: is it intentional that after a bit of time, fully fermented yogurt becomes yogurt starter? I wasn't expecting that. Both my bottles of yogurt and all the yogurt meals I'd made say "yogurt starter" instead of "yogurt".

37 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I'm having trouble getting Bone Broth out of the Cauldron on a fire pit.  I can't pick it up with a bucket, or a bottle, I've tried all variations of ctrl, shift, left and right clicking.

You need to take the cauldron out of the fire and place it on the ground somewhere. Then you can take the liquid out normally.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.