type: "item",
			code: "expandedfoods:brothportion-fish",
			"quantity":  50
		},
		requiresContainer: false
	}
},
]

I'd suggest fixing the handbook or re-labeling the broth to "seafood broth" and modifying the recipe to

Spoiler
		{
			type: "item",
			code: "primitivesurvival:*-partbaked",
			allowedVariants: ["fishfillet", "crabmeat"]			
			quantity: 2
		}

although I'm not 100% certain if those item codes are correct.

Edit: https://github.com/l33tmaan/EFRecipes/pull/4 🥺

Edited by DoctorVanGogh
  • Sad 1

On 12/4/2022 at 12:18 AM, Barnaby said:

I'm having trouble getting Bone Broth out of the Cauldron on a fire pit.  I can't pick it up with a bucket, or a bottle, I've tried all variations of ctrl, shift, left and right clicking.

Can also confirm that this is still happening.

Making broth (at least in a large cauldron) is bugged. It will create a stack of liquid in the output slot while leaving the cauldron in the input slot. Taking the cauldron out... will give you an empty cauldron and liquid in the output slot ;)
image.png.4cbb7ecc047113c377bfa49cb89c1593.png

This is different than for example condensing fruit juice to syrup with a cauldron. Here the cauldron moves to the output slot and will contain the condensed liquid so taking the cauldron out actually works. Not with broths 😒

Edit: Well duhh... It does not always happen. Most of the time, things work correctly. I think I remember stuffing things in the cauldron and then walking away. Possibly even leaving the chunk. But I came back, added more stuff, then cooked the broth... Weird stuff happened.

Workaround: Take liquid out with your hands, put it into the item slot of an empty barrel. That will make it a "normal" liquid again, which can then be picked up with containers.

Edited by DoctorVanGogh

On 1/11/2023 at 12:46 PM, Hells Razer said:

By left clicking with a bowl twice.

Edit: Different liquid containers (bowl, jug, bucket, etc.) have different minimum quantities they can deposit. This is vanilla behaviour.

Ty its working now, i have 0.1 of lard

How long it will take to get to Hardlard _!

Fantastic mod!  I love this so much.  Cooking is something I enjoy in real life, and finding something that expands the culinary world in this game is incredibly engaging for me.

That said - I'm having a lil trouble making soft dough.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I've tried putting the bone broth, flour, and egg, in different slots int he mixing bowl, just on the off chance that the order mattered for some reason. (I've had zero issues with order when making breaded goodies.)  I have also tried using just water instead of bone broth, and egg whites instead of yolks, but the mixing bowl does not seem to recognize that I'm trying to make soft dough.  What I have not yet tried is using a type of flour other than spelt.  I have attached some screenshots that I hope are useful.

I am also running several other mods.  To wit: A Culinary Artillery, At Waters Edge, autosifter, BetterRuins (although that was disabled at the time I was trying this) calendar, Carry On, Trader Camps, Expanded Foods, Legendary Mods, Player Corpse, Primitive Survival, Seed Harvesting, Stonepile mod, Teleportation Runes, Xlib, and Xskills.

Any help, advice, and constructive criticism are welcome.  Please, my dumplings need me.

2023-01-15_22-09-34.png

2023-01-15_22-09-42.png

11 hours ago, Tyrhung said:

egg whites instead of yolks

There's your problem! You need liquid egg, not just yolk or the white.

Edit: Also a disclaimer, dumplings, pasta, breaded foods and possibly some other ones when used in meals provide only half the saturation they claim in the meal tooltip when eaten. This is a known bug and l33tman is working on it.

Edited by Hells Razer

Hooray!  You fixed it!  I did not realize that you had to mix egg whites with egg yolks in order to get liquid egg, despite having done this in real life many times.  Thank you so much for your assistance.  May your belly always be full, and your house always happy.

14 hours ago, Pamela Wild said:

How do you crack eggs?  I put a bowl down on the floor and tried both right & left clicking and nothing happened.

21 hours ago, Tyrhung said:

Hooray!  You fixed it!  I did not realize that you had to mix egg whites with egg yolks in order to get liquid egg, despite having done this in real life many times.  Thank you so much for your assistance.  May your belly always be full, and your house always happy.

Put down bowl, hold egg in hand, and hold down ctrl+right-click for a few seconds to crack the egg. This will only get you the white or the yolk.

However, you can get liquid egg (not separated) if you hold down ctrl+shift+right-click. So there's no need to mix the white and yolk together after! (It took me a while to figure this out.)

Edited by Ari
  • Like 1
  • Cookie time 1

On 1/17/2023 at 1:16 AM, Pamela Wild said:

How do you crack eggs?

Turn on Block interaction help - it's either B or N can never remember which is which. Then with an egg on your hotbar, simply select that slot (mousewheel up/down). Should give you the interaction items & keybinds at the bottom of your screen.

On 1/18/2023 at 3:49 AM, Pamela Wild said:

The only interactions shown are for the bowl itself.  It's just not working.

On 1/18/2023 at 3:08 AM, DoctorVanGogh said:

with an egg on your hotbar, simply select that slot (mousewheel up/down). Should give you the interaction items & keybinds at the bottom of your screen

image.png.9b4acec4594f3080a2568bf3a30650ca.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.