Expanded Foods 1.6.9

l33tmaan

Strange minor issue with aging alcohol, when bottling and racking it and leaving it to cure, it will not become strong alcohol without first picking it up and replacing it at 100%, which will fix the entire bottle rack. not a big issue but if you intend to leave it until its vintage you can waste some days not realizing its finished

On 9/30/2023 at 8:41 AM, Greaseemonster said:

Strange minor issue with aging alcohol, when bottling and racking it and leaving it to cure, it will not become strong alcohol without first picking it up and replacing it at 100%, which will fix the entire bottle rack. not a big issue but if you intend to leave it until its vintage you can waste some days not realizing its finished

That's weird, it shouldn't be working like that. I'll run some tests.

My friends and I are playing in 1.18.7 with version 1.6.7 of ExF and 1.0.13rc-1 of A Culinary Artillery. The mod has been working great for us but for some reason I can't get the trailmix recipe to work. I've put peanuts, soybeans/4 jerky, cheese, and 3 berries into booth regular and powered mixing bowls with cooking pots in them and nothing happens. I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if we're doing something wrong. Please Help.

21 minutes ago, Adler said:

My friends and I are playing in 1.18.7 with version 1.6.7 of ExF and 1.0.13rc-1 of A Culinary Artillery. The mod has been working great for us but for some reason I can't get the trailmix recipe to work. I've put peanuts, soybeans/4 jerky, cheese, and 3 berries into booth regular and powered mixing bowls with cooking pots in them and nothing happens. I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if we're doing something wrong. Please Help.

Can you take a screenshot of the mixing bowl when you try to make the recipe?

Image Image

Halloween update incoming!

On 10/4/2023 at 11:10 AM, VaelophisNyx said:

Could this mod be supported? it adds fish not unlike Primitive Survival's

https://mods.vintagestory.at/fishingexpansion

I still need to integrate vanilla fish into this mod, lol. I might look at that. How feature complete is it? I generally don't add compatibility for mods I don't use, and that IS the kind of mod I'd like to try...

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

I still need to integrate vanilla fish into this mod, lol. I might look at that. How feature complete is it? I generally don't add compatibility for mods I don't use, and that IS the kind of mod I'd like to try...

It's fairly feature complete! including several types of fish and an entire fish fillet system using the Cleaver! Though you can also just turn them into vanilla Raw Fish with a knife if you want (since they're not usable for normal cooking, and are instead used for crafting a special lure mostly) it even has intercompat with Primitive Survival's fish types

• Mind=blown 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to Expanded Foods 1.6.8

Updated to 1.6.8!

• Added fruit bars - nuts + fruit + syrup
  • Actually added Wildcraft Trees section in handbook
  • Various log warnings fixed
  • Wildcraft fine wine can be distilled into wildcraft brandy
  • Wildcraft/Wildcraft Trees brandies renamed properly
  • Gozinaki/trail mix recipes only need 2 handfuls of acorns, not 3
  • Soulstorm brew has correct text in bottles
  • Ukranian translation updated (thanks to _epic_fish_ and .olexn)
  • Polish translation updated (thanks to Sako47)
  • Japanese translation updated (thanks to macoto_hino)
  • Many foods can be placed on display case / shelves
  • Salt production refined (thanks to Goose's Salternate mod)
Edited by l33tmaan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Sir. Great mod - possibly the best one for reworking the food system in the game out there.

I've a question for you; how feasible would it be to do something I feel is fundamentally missing with a "food overhaul mod", that is splitting the current meat types into their own, separate, concrete meats based on species? By that I mean no more bushmeat, red meat, and poultry, but instead we have pork, mutton, chicken, rabbit/raccoon/fox/wolf/bear meat and venison with the newly introduced (build 19) deer. No beef yet, sadly, for proper steaks.
The current "3 meat types" thing has always slightly bothered me, because even vanilla Minecraft does the meat thing in a more immersive way. I realize this WOULD cause more inventory bloat problems, but let's ignore that for now.
Is this something that the base game would need to change for it to feasibly work? Since I assume that's changing/introducing a whole lot of new item IDs, while making the older ones obsolete. Not to mention the compatibility hassle with mods that add extra animals.

• Thanks 1

It would be quite a bit of work, you would need to create the meat types, then make patches to remove the existing meat drops and replace them with your own, for each animal. I think I've seen people try it before, but it's never gone anywhere. I don't think it would require any C#, but I could be mistaken. 

• Cookie time 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.