Delete Villagers?

Itazki

Is there a way to delete NPCs or Villagers? This is on a server, we tried making an NPC village by copying and pasting two NPC/Villager huts but we accidently copy/pasted in two of the same villager as well, so now we have two extra villagers with the same name as our original villager. Is there a way to delete this villager? We've tried killing him, but his body doesn't disappear and we cant skin his dead body to remove it either. THANKS!

I guess you mean one of the traders, as of now there are no other npcs?

Not only does the body not disappear, the trader will come back from the dead, still remembering that you killed them, still pissed at you and will try to kill you on sight and as you might know traders punch really hard.

why didn't you spawn a completely new trader instead of copy/pasting them? I'm not aware of any way to get rid of a trader for sure, i mean other than using a worldbackup from before copying them.

Edited by Hal13
  • Like 1

As Hal13 has said: create new trader wagon and spawn new trader with "/entity spawn humanoid-trader-survivalgoods".  You can use any other type of trader (replace "survivalgoods" with another type - see folder "<yourServerFolder>/assets/survival/entities/humanoid" for types). Or better copy some trader configuration from this folder, change configuration, rename it and copy back to configuration folder. (Disclaimer: I haven't tested it yet, but I suppose it should work.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.