Helve Hammer Extensions

DArkHekRoMaNT

The Helve hammer can now forge more than just plates and ingots 🙃

Mod support:
To make the hammer support (or not support) custom items, it is enough to add attributes/helvehammerworkable: true or false to the output item. By default, the absence of such an attribute is considered true (changing in config)

Config:

• AllWorkable - will this work for any items (default - false)
  • DefaultWorkable - default attribute (default - true)
  • AnvilTier - minimum anvil tier (default - 3, iron)

Vanilla items are patched, by default you can do everything except the anvil.

Download: ModDB or GitHub

Edited by DArkHekRoMaNT
  • Like 4
  • Amazing! 1

how to add more recipes ?

like the iron anvil base and top part ?

[
  {
    "file": "game:itemtypes/part/helvehammerhead.json",
    "op": "add",
    "path": "/attributes",
    "value": {}
  },
  {
    "file": "game:itemtypes/part/poundercap.json",
    "path": "/attributes",
    "value": {}
  },
  {
    "file": "game:itemtypes/part/helvehammerhead.json",
    "path": "/attributes/helvehammerworkable",
    "value": true
  }, 

-------------------------------------------------------------------- DONT WORK

{
    "file": "game:itemtypes/part/anviltop.json",
  },
   {
    "file": "game:itemtypes/part/anvilbase.json",
  },  

----------------------------------------------------------------

{
    "file": "game:itemtypes/part/poundercap.json",
  }
]

part.json

Is it possible to make this mod work on a server?

I tested it in single player and it works flawlessly (this feature really should be in the vanilla game IMO).  On my family server however the helve hammer creates the shape, you see voxels move and get removed but the completed item never pops off the anvil.

Tried the pickaxe & shears.

I would love it if it could be made to be server side it would be a great addition.

Thanks for your hard work :)

33 minutes ago, MrFlibble said:

Is it possible to make this mod work on a server?

I tested it in single player and it works flawlessly (this feature really should be in the vanilla game IMO).  On my family server however the helve hammer creates the shape, you see voxels move and get removed but the completed item never pops off the anvil.

Tried the pickaxe & shears.

I would love it if it could be made to be server side it would be a great addition.

Thanks for your hard work :)

It's strange, the mod runs on the server. What anvil are you using?

I did change the server and client configs.

Just double checked the server config and the changes haven't been saved.  I think I've made a schoolboy error and changed to config while the server was running :(

Uploaded the client config to the "STOPPED" server and I've just made a copper sawblade on the bronze anvil as a test.

Thanks for you help debugging my stupidity and thanks for the awesome mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does it require both sides edits on that file, seems that server side edit works ok. Changed it server side to use brass anvil, but didnt touch client side configs and it seems to work.

Tho it wont show progress, made iron long blade, took while and ingot changed to blade. Or should there be some progress graphics?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/3/2021 at 2:46 AM, Bentorium said:

Does it require both sides edits on that file, seems that server side edit works ok. Changed it server side to use brass anvil, but didnt touch client side configs and it seems to work.

Tho it wont show progress, made iron long blade, took while and ingot changed to blade. Or should there be some progress graphics?

I just did this too (changed anvil requirement to Bronze) but didn't see any progress updates on the client. When I changed the client config to also be the same, progress started showing up fine. Is it possible to have this value sync?

• 3 weeks later...

I was using 1.15.3 but will be trying 1.15.4 now. Still testing in 1.15.3. I have not installed 1.15.4 yet.

I was trying to have the helve hammer create some tools. The only thing that I can get the hammer to do is to process iron blooms and make plates.

Two days ago I did a fresh Windows 7 install. I haven't tried the mod since my reinstall.

Okay I heated up an iron ingot. Placed it on the Tin Bronze anvil and chose to create a Pickaxe. The hammer is just pounding away on it but having no effect on it whatever.

JUST went and re-downloaded the mod and placed it in the 1.15.3 Mod folder.

Here is the exact folder where I have placed your mod:

C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\Vintagestory 1.15.3\Mods

Started VS. Clicked on: Mod Manager. It shows v1.1.0. Now I will try it again.

Loaded my world and tried again. Still no effect. I have placed the mod in that particular folder because I have had several VS versions installed at the same time. I moved the mods to the version folder to avoid incorrect versions from being loaded. This is a technique that has been successful before. I'd be happy to upload log files it that would help or screenshot too.

Attempted to fix by moving the mod zip file to the folder:

C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\VintagestoryData\Mods

from version specific folder. That did not work.

Opened ModConfig\helvehammerext.json. Changed AnvilTier value from 3 to 2. That worked. I don't remember needing to do that before but maybe I did. I haven't found documentation about the values for AnvilTier so guessed at 2 for bronze anvil. I don't know if that is correct or not but it works!!!!! Yay!

Yes I did see that the default value is 3 AND that is says Iron but since I didn't know about the possible values for that I left it alone.

Thanks

Edited by Robert Milligan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.