Map questions

Ukhata

I hav ea few questions i couldnt find about the world(map)

1: the world is normally 1 million by 1 million blocks and you usually start in de the middle right?
2: Default distance between the poles and the equator is 100.000 blocks right?
3: if both 1 and 2 are true, then are there like 5 poles and 5 equators?
4: and do we start on a pole or an equator since we starts at 0.0 (or 500.000 by 500.000)?
5: how does changing the poles and equator distance to having 1 equator and 2 poles work? and if you do would you start on the equator?

thank you for your insights.

6 hours ago, Ukhata said:

I hav ea few questions i couldnt find about the world(map)

1: the world is normally 1 million by 1 million blocks and you usually start in de the middle right?
2: Default distance between the poles and the equator is 100.000 blocks right?
3: if both 1 and 2 are true, then are there like 5 poles and 5 equators?
4: and do we start on a pole or an equator since we starts at 0.0 (or 500.000 by 500.000)?
5: how does changing the poles and equator distance to having 1 equator and 2 poles work? and if you do would you start on the equator?

thank you for your insights.

1. yes, and your start position depends on world gen parameter Starting Climate
2. 100.000 in world parameters means pole to equator distance. (CORRECTED)
3. yes, they are more poles and more equators every 100.000 one pole/equator. Moreover poles are not points but lines.
4. it depends on your world setting (where do you start - Starting Climate parameter; usuall setting is Temperate). My world has equator at 26.300, and poles at -23.600 and 76.300 (not exact numbers !). And I started at 0 (zero).
5. You can easily calculate now. But I haven't tested such an extreme world gen setting.

Edited by DrEngine

3 hours ago, Ukhata said:

Default distance between the poles and the equator is 100.000 blocks right?

1 hour ago, DrEngine said:

2. 100.000 in world parameters means pole to pole distance. So equator to pole is 50.000.

Not correct. The name of the setting is "pole-equator distance", not "pole-pole distance". If the setting specifies a value of 100k, then that is the distance between pole and equator, not between two poles.

There are presets that have it set to 100k, and presets that have it set to 50k. Other custom values are available, of course.

2 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Not correct. The name of the setting is "pole-equator distance", not "pole-pole distance". If the setting specifies a value of 100k, then that is the distance between pole and equator, not between two poles.

There are presets that have it set to 100k, and presets that have it set to 50k. Other custom values are available, of course.

You!re right, corrected my answer. (I mishmashed two preset and I though it's bug.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.