some icefields in warm days - temperate climzone.

RobinHood

helo, I'm nearby 13 months at my base, its the 9th may -  and still I see some iceblocks, I have 20°C, temperate climzone, last very cold weather was in march. I didn't have seen iceblocks a year before at beginning of 1st may. In April I did see here and there some snowfields - and it was warm also.

2021-03-26_12-31-04.png

Edited by RobinHood

Lake ice is not part of the snow accumulation system that is tied to the calendar and can fast-forward when a previously unloaded chunk is loaded again.

As a result, if a lake froze over in winter, and then stays out of loading range for half a year, it'll only start melting once you come back to it.

And yes, I have also found that the melting is sometimes a bit slow.

1 hour ago, Streetwind said:

Lake ice is not part of the snow accumulation system that is tied to the calendar and can fast-forward when a previously unloaded chunk is loaded again.

As a result, if a lake froze over in winter, and then stays out of loading range for half a year, it'll only start melting once you come back to it.

And yes, I have also found that the melting is sometimes a bit slow.

Thanks for that. I've often wondered what was going on, but never bothered to ask. I do hope they fix that, down the road. I'm sure they will though. Seems awfully out of place to come back to a frozen lake and slide around in the middle of a hot summer day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.