Instruments

Quacksol

• 1 month later...

Strange thing. but when i and my friends trys to play in band, sinchone are bugging. I found thats becouse some lines starts with empty beats. whar means a pause. And if the main party of shong (who started play first) read this pause, the other lost it. even it have it and it readed if plays without band. 

Sory for my bad language. but i wish. to you understand me. 

6 hours ago, toast 360 said:

Strange thing. but when i and my friends trys to play in band, sinchone are bugging. I found thats becouse some lines starts with empty beats. whar means a pause. And if the main party of shong (who started play first) read this pause, the other lost it. even it have it and it readed if plays without band. 

Sory for my bad language. but i wish. to you understand me. 

There is a bug where the first note is not played, but that is to synchronise all the players of a band. All players should play together, unless not in a band or the songs you are playing do not match up.

Can you give more info? What song are you trying to play?

19 hours ago, Quacksol said:

There is a bug where the first note is not played, but that is to synchronise all the players of a band. All players should play together, unless not in a band or the songs you are playing do not match up.

Can you give more info? What song are you trying to play?

Well. i just split the song on three partys. And it mey work quite well but...  Song doesnt feels a startins "zX" were the X-number.  "zX" means a pause in abc file, and if i play it solo it reads "zX". If i play in band "zX" wasnt reads.

Here the partys of the song.

tGF-Dulclimer party.abc tGF-piano patry.abc tGF-accordeon party.abc

On 5/19/2021 at 3:34 PM, toast 360 said:

Well. i just split the song on three partys. And it mey work quite well but...  Song doesnt feels a startins "zX" were the X-number.  "zX" means a pause in abc file, and if i play it solo it reads "zX". If i play in band "zX" wasnt reads.

Here the partys of the song.

tGF-Dulclimer party.abc 3.75 kB · 1 download tGF-piano patry.abc 2.49 kB · 1 download tGF-accordeon party.abc 2.06 kB · 1 download

The song looks fine - which version of the mod are you using?

I am silly, and haven't updated the mod on this page. The most up to date version is here: https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/463

I cant play without this mod :) Jamming is my ultimate roleplay, so THANK YOU for bringing it to this game I already find so immersive and deep. This adds so much for me.

With that said, I would love to see other ways of playing instruments than by moving the mouse. Its kinda janky. I have gotten used to it, and can pretty easily play what i want...

BUT!

My problem with the mod is that you CANNOT take two notes at the same time, due to the nature of how you play the instruments.

I would love to see being able to take multiple notes at the same time, making it that much more fun to jam, making harmonies and taking chords and all that.

Would it be possible to make it so you play the instruments using your keyboard instead of the mouse?

Being able to go into "music mode" by pressing some key combination while holding the instrument, could make you stationary and switch all your keybinds out with notes (PC keyobard becomes synthesizer, basically), and then pressing escape to stop playing again (or something).

Just like the system in Lord of the Rings online (mmorpg where you can free-jam like described above). It works VERY well. You can easily play anything you want, just like you play a piano, and bind any key, to any note in a wide spectrum.

I know its a bigger undertaking, but this is my ultimate roleplay,and i would love this..

The traveling musician. I have no need for progression, high dps or epic gear, if i have a immersive world where i can sit around the campfire and play music with other people. Gotta love it.

Bass notes to keep the rythm goin with one hand, and a solo with my other hand.

Please tell me what you think.

Thanks for this mod, its hard to describe how much i appreciate it.

EDIT: How about a flute as well :)? Like a pan-flute made of bamboo and flax/rope. At least it makes sense how you cant take multiple notes on that, somewhat. Bad jokes aside, i think it would be a really fitting instrument to the wilderness survival ropleplayer like me.
Maybe another flute as well, but pan-flute is nr.1 priority ;)

Edited by Mads Søby

On 5/22/2021 at 10:23 PM, Mads Søby said:

I cant play without this mod :) Jamming is my ultimate roleplay, so THANK YOU for bringing it to this game I already find so immersive and deep. This adds so much for me.

With that said, I would love to see other ways of playing instruments than by moving the mouse. Its kinda janky. I have gotten used to it, and can pretty easily play what i want...

BUT!

My problem with the mod is that you CANNOT take two notes at the same time, due to the nature of how you play the instruments.

I would love to see being able to take multiple notes at the same time, making it that much more fun to jam, making harmonies and taking chords and all that.

Would it be possible to make it so you play the instruments using your keyboard instead of the mouse?

Being able to go into "music mode" by pressing some key combination while holding the instrument, could make you stationary and switch all your keybinds out with notes (PC keyobard becomes synthesizer, basically), and then pressing escape to stop playing again (or something).

Just like the system in Lord of the Rings online (mmorpg where you can free-jam like described above). It works VERY well. You can easily play anything you want, just like you play a piano, and bind any key, to any note in a wide spectrum.

I know its a bigger undertaking, but this is my ultimate roleplay,and i would love this..

The traveling musician. I have no need for progression, high dps or epic gear, if i have a immersive world where i can sit around the campfire and play music with other people. Gotta love it.

Bass notes to keep the rythm goin with one hand, and a solo with my other hand.

Please tell me what you think.

Thanks for this mod, its hard to describe how much i appreciate it.

EDIT: How about a flute as well :)? Like a pan-flute made of bamboo and flax/rope. At least it makes sense how you cant take multiple notes on that, somewhat. Bad jokes aside, i think it would be a really fitting instrument to the wilderness survival ropleplayer like me.
Maybe another flute as well, but pan-flute is nr.1 priority ;)

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to hear people like the mod!

I'm quite familiar with the music system in LOTRO, and I agree, using the keyboard to play would be a lot easier than with the mouse. I'll have to have a look, but I think there may be a way to bypass other controls when in 'playing' mode. But I'm not sure. The main idea was the playback of abc files, and I hadn't thought about other ways of playing, really.

As for other instruments, they're fairly easy to add so long as I get a model and the sound samples. But what I really want is for other modders to easily be able to add their own instruments.

• 8 months later...

Hi there - love the mod concept, looking forward to see where it goes and definitely would love bagpipes, hurdy-gurdies and other folk instruments.

I have tried to use abc's that have no problems running in other abc readers, but in the mod, they seem to be cutting short, or coming up with errors like "Error parsing file char index 166"

What does the "Error parsing file char index" mean? in this case, is it whatever character 166 characters into the abc is unreadable?

Finally, do all abc's have to be up to the latest abc standards for the mod to interpret them correctly?

Edited by Peter Sanderson

6 hours ago, Peter Sanderson said:

Hi there - love the mod concept, looking forward to see where it goes and definitely would love bagpipes, hurdy-gurdies and other folk instruments.

I have tried to use abc's that have no problems running in other abc readers, but in the mod, they seem to be cutting short, or coming up with errors like "Error parsing file char index 166"

What does the "Error parsing file char index" mean? in this case, is it whatever character 166 characters into the abc is unreadable?

Finally, do all abc's have to be up to the latest abc standards for the mod to interpret them correctly?

Hi Pete, I'm glad you like the mod. Unfortunately I programmed the abc parser myself, so it doesn't respect the standard as much as it could. I've added corrections as I make updates, so that all songs should play properly. Could you send me the abc file so I can find what is causing the problem?

On 1/27/2022 at 6:44 PM, Quacksol said:

Hi Pete, I'm glad you like the mod. Unfortunately I programmed the abc parser myself, so it doesn't respect the standard as much as it could. I've added corrections as I make updates, so that all songs should play properly. Could you send me the abc file so I can find what is causing the problem?

Hey,

Sure thing I can send you a couple. I play traditional folk music myself so have accessed the VAST libraries of abcs for those. It seems some of the tunes will play part way through then quit as well. I would ordinarily use a program like the older abcmus to play the tunes or import them to something like Tabledit.

This one only gets part way through the piece before stopping

hectorthehero-3.abc

This other one, only part way through and then Error 148

mydarlingasleep.abc

Both of them play fine in my abc players.Thanks for checking. I would love to add a bunch of traditional music to the server and want to work out these issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 4:32 PM, Peter Sanderson said:

Hey,

Sure thing I can send you a couple. I play traditional folk music myself so have accessed the VAST libraries of abcs for those. It seems some of the tunes will play part way through then quit as well. I would ordinarily use a program like the older abcmus to play the tunes or import them to something like Tabledit.

This one only gets part way through the piece before stopping

hectorthehero-3.abc

This other one, only part way through and then Error 148

mydarlingasleep.abc

Both of them play fine in my abc players.Thanks for checking. I would love to add a bunch of traditional music to the server and want to work out these issues.

Hi Peter,

I've had a look, and made a new release with fixes. Both those songs now work, hopefully the others do too.

Thanks for your help in improving the mod!

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2022 at 4:03 PM, Quacksol said:

Hi Peter,

I've had a look, and made a new release with fixes. Both those songs now work, hopefully the others do too.

Thanks for your help in improving the mod!

Having a bit of the same problem, but it could easily be my own fault. Got the file if you need it. Hope it can help as well, or maybe you can tell me what to do differently.

scooby.abc

Edited by Matthew Hrenchir

• 1 year later...

Posted this on Discord thread might as well leave one here too. I put together two soundpacks with first one having 9 993 tracks and other 988 here for download. Simply drag and drop this in your game folder. Enjoy.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/q64x6gsyfoeaitd/Atlas_mega_soundpack.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1ack5ycz3ah4npd/atlas-abc-music-collection.zip/file

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.