Drifters climbing fences?

JamesB

They have the ability to climb ladders, but no, they cannot normally climb fences. Assuming you don't have a mod installed that allows players to climb fences (which might work by making fences like ladders, which animals can't climb, but drifters can, so then they'd be able to climb the fence as well....) I would ask if they did this in the winter? I noticed in my game that if snow piles up next to a fence it would act as stairs and my sheep could go over and would wander out. I had to put a roof over my animal pens to keep the snow out during winter to prevent them from escaping.

9 minutes ago, Jessica O. said:

They have the ability to climb ladders, but no, they cannot normally climb fences. Assuming you don't have a mod installed that allows players to climb fences (which might work by making fences like ladders, which animals can't climb, but drifters can, so then they'd be able to climb the fence as well....) I would ask if they did this in the winter? I noticed in my game that if snow piles up next to a fence it would act as stairs and my sheep could go over and would wander out. I had to put a roof over my animal pens to keep the snow out during winter to prevent them from escaping.

I noticed in my game that if snow piles up next to a fence it would act as stairs

This is exactly what happened!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not only fences. A few days ago, I perfectly saw a drifter jumping out of the pit (depth 2) in which they fall during the night. There was no snow and no other mob, item or drifter that could have been used as a stepladder. He just escaped ! Most players already have experienced the same thing.

9 hours ago, Saricane said:

Not only fences. A few days ago, I perfectly saw a drifter jumping out of the pit (depth 2) in which they fall during the night. There was no snow and no other mob, item or drifter that could have been used as a stepladder. He just escaped ! Most players already have experienced the same thing.

They're evolving!

• 3 weeks later...

The "snow pile giving elevation for animals to jump out of the fenced areas" thing happened to me. 

The animals can also walk onto the troughs which gives them block-high elevation as well... the solution in my case was just building the fences two blocks high (RIP my precious sticks). Personally I think snow piles shouldn't have collision and animals shouldn't be able to walk on top of troughs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.