Rain

Melidebby

Weather is regional in Vintage Story. Not like Minecraft, where the whole world either has rain or doesn't have rain.

In Vintage Story, you can walk out of an area of rain, and then turn around and walk back in if you like.

Latitude, season and climate all play a role as well. It's not just the local rainfall chance (though obviously it matters).

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I know this thread's a bit dated, and it's unlikely that anyone here will get any notifications, but my region of my singleplayer world (1.18.15 stable) has had over 10 days of unbroken rainfall, and there's no command to get it to stop raining.

It has easily doubled or tripled the time required for my meager few crops, berry bushes, and trees to grow, and I'd really like to see clear skies again.

The precipitation rating has not gone above "very common" since this rain started, and I'm thinking my save may have run into a minor bug.

25 minutes ago, Kal Skirata said:

I know this thread's a bit dated, and it's unlikely that anyone here will get any notifications, but my region of my singleplayer world (1.18.15 stable) has had over 10 days of unbroken rainfall, and there's no command to get it to stop raining.

It has easily doubled or tripled the time required for my meager few crops, berry bushes, and trees to grow, and I'd really like to see clear skies again.

The precipitation rating has not gone above "very common" since this rain started, and I'm thinking my save may have run into a minor bug.

nevermind, I did some more digging and it turns out my solution was over here 

and apparently my save *intended* for my rain problem to be a total of something like 12 days (24hr :: 30 ingame days)

I'm just gonna leave this here for those who run across similar situations in the future.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.