How to dry a bowstave?

Doctorgeo7
Go to solution Solved by Chrysander,

• Solution

Hi Doctorego7,

yes, it is kinda obvious. Keep it in an "open" container until it is cured. Your inventory works fine. Crates and baskets won't, as they count as "closed". I heard technically, a barrel should work but there was a bug with that so it didn't work. Maybe that was fixed. See if it works. And please be patient. Without the Better Archery mod, drying those things takes a while!

EDIT: If you mouse over the bowstaff, it should tell you the drying progress in%.

Edited by Chrysander
Additional info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, SeismicWolf said:

I came to the Forums just to find this out, The Wiki had not been Updated and there is no mention in any of the Games Guides. I kept moving the Stave to different Locations but it still had a 0% Dry on it. What is considered an Open Container?

I think Chrysander discussed that...

On 7/30/2021 at 7:18 AM, Chrysander said:

Hi Doctorego7,

yes, it is kinda obvious. Keep it in an "open" container until it is cured. Your inventory works fine. Crates and baskets won't, as they count as "closed". I heard technically, a barrel should work but there was a bug with that so it didn't work. Maybe that was fixed. See if it works. And please be patient. Without the Better Archery mod, drying those things takes a while!

EDIT: If you mouse over the bowstaff, it should tell you the drying progress in%.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.