Peaceful mod - Obsolete

Stroam

This mod is for those who want an easier combat experience. Enabling and disabling them won't break your world. Vintage Story is always in flux as it updates. I fix tweaks faster if someone reports a tweak as broken.

• 1.9.2+ peacefulmod-v1.1.2.zip- Hostile mobs will no longer seek out the player and the player will keep their inventory on death. Mobs will still attack if you are within melee distance or when you hurt them or you hurt one of their friends. Intended to teach what is dangerous and still allow players to acquire drops from the mobs. If you would like even more passive mobs please leave a comment.
    • Mods go in the mods folder in the game directory. To re-enable the aggressive behavior of any mob either disable the mod in the main menu or unzip the mod, navigate to assets/peacefulmod/patches and there you will find each mob. Delete the files with the names of the mobs that you wish to be aggressive. Then back out and make sure there isn't already a zipped version of the file still around. If there is delete it. Then re-zip the assets folder and the modinfo file together again and name the zip file in a way that makes sense to you.

•  
  •  

Archived Versions

Edited by Stroam
update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 3:23 AM, TheGofa said:

Current version doesnt stop mobs spawning, really like the peaceful mod.

From what I can tell from the description, it isn't supposed to make hostile mobs not spawn, just make them non-aggressive (unless way too close or you're attacking them).

On 9/29/2019 at 6:23 PM, TheGofa said:

Is this going to be updated for 1.10.15 ?

Current version doesnt stop mobs spawning, really like the peaceful mod.

Thanks,
TheGofa

Thanks for using my mod! The copygirl is correct in that it doesn't stop mob spawning because some mobs have drops that can't be obtained anywhere else. It just removes the player aggressive behavior. Current tests show this mod is working as intended in 1.10.16

Edited by Stroam
  • Like 1

Just now, Nikolai Hronicek said:

I put the files in the mods folder but in the menu there is no mod listet. what might i be doing wrong?

You said "the files" - did you extract the .zip file? Don't do that, just move the .zip file you downloaded into the mod folder. The game will extract the resources from it.

On 10/15/2019 at 6:24 PM, Stroam said:

Thanks for using my mod! The copygirl is correct in that it doesn't stop mob spawning because some mobs have drops that can't be obtained anywhere else. It just removes the player aggressive behavior. Current tests show this mod is working as intended in 1.10.16

Working fine, didnt realise how it worked.

Many thanks to you for the mod Nikolai, and thanks for the reply copygirl.

Regards, TG.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.