Ore Excavation/Veinminer?

Travis Pluid

Is there any kind of mod that allows you to mine a block, plus adjacent blocks of the same type? I've looked around, but I've been surprised to have not found one. I thought it'd be pretty easy to find one, considering the size and depth of the modding community. If anyone does know of a mod of this type, would they please share it? I'd be very happy to find one.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Would be nice wouldn't it! Will require programming to accomplish and the pool of people able to do that is smaller than your basic JSON modding.

Maybe I could look into this for dipping my toe into the API.

Edited by Buggi
typo

Huh, that would be nice. But seriously, it's kind of insane to me that there seems to be absolutely NO veinminer mod for this game of any sort. It's been around in various forms for half a decade now. The first Veinminer mod for Minecraft was made in 2013, just four years after the early days in 2009. And this game seems just as moddable, if not incredibly more so. Still just seems bizarre. Maybe it's from the Grind culture that seems to have been a thing around this game since the start.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 5:18 PM, Travis Pluid said:

Is there any kind of mod that allows you to mine a block, plus adjacent blocks of the same type? I've looked around, but I've been surprised to have not found one. I thought it'd be pretty easy to find one, considering the size and depth of the modding community. If anyone does know of a mod of this type, would they please share it? I'd be very happy to find one.

Done and released: https://mods.vintagestory.at/randomchanges

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.