Forget me, or Forget me not?

PhotriusPyrelus
Go to solution Solved by Ender Riens,

I like Forget-Me-Nots for bee hives because they're so small and easy to see around, but also show up on the minimap (unlike Lillies of the Valley).  There's just one problem.  They seem to be approximately of equivalent rarity to incisors from the female gallus gallus domesticus.  Is there some specific biome I should be looking in?

My experience is that they generate individually on grassy soil regardless of biome (meaning they're very rare in sandy/gravel terrain).  I have found quite a few in my world in my search for bauxite covering 10,000 blocks e/w and 7,500 block n/s (if that gives you an indication of how far to travel).

• Solution

Yeah, Forget-Me-Nots don't spawn in large groups, making them extremely hard to collect en masse. A simpler solution is to raise your beehives up one block with a fence (or block of choice) so they stand above the flowers but still get the flower effects. Then you can put almost any flower in your apiary (except the extremely tall ones) without issue. Also puts your hives closer to eye level.

On 10/15/2021 at 2:47 PM, Ender Riens said:

Yeah, Forget-Me-Nots don't spawn in large groups, making them extremely hard to collect en masse. A simpler solution is to raise your beehives up one block with a fence (or block of choice) so they stand above the flowers but still get the flower effects. Then you can put almost any flower in your apiary (except the extremely tall ones) without issue. Also puts your hives closer to eye level.

Yeah.  That's probably a better idea.  I dug out around them instead.  I should probably redo it.  Fence post probably looks pretty good.

EDIT:  Oh yeah, that looks SO much better.

Edited by PhotriusPyrelus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.