Game Play 6.0

Benjamin Bishop

I can't say that I am pleased with the changes in this update. I have to disable all mods to just load a new game without crashing. A lot of the changes are just too extreme for my taste. Yes, I know that I can turn off a lot of these changes, but that changes game play in the reverse. I am going to give this some time before I just give up on this one, we shall see what happens. I can't tell you how many games I have played and enjoyed in the past that after major changes from game devs, the game was just ruined for me. I hope this one gets back to its original and let people activate these major changes instead of just forcing them on all players.

New additions need time to be tuned by looking at constructive feedback. It has been only few days after last combat update which made attack speed slower. And already Tyron has replied he will increase attack speed in next update.

Also MODS need to be updated to work with new versions - this has always been an issue which needs time for mod makers.

Give them some time!

• Like 1

Personally, the release could not have come at a better time. I've stayed on stable release. Maybe I'll start bleeding edge if I begin modding. IDK. Downloaded 16 last night, and the drifters' attack took me by surprise. I'm looking forward to seeing what other changes I'm going to need to make to my "standard" gameplay.

I don't know if there have been minor tweaks to mapgen, but my first 3 days ended with a tad fewer copper nuggets (not quite enough for hammer and pick), and no tin, so can't "skip" the copper age, but I got a whole lot better loot from cracked vessels. Probably just the RNG. Time will tell.

Re: mods, I'd much rather play the game as intended for a bit before I add them back in. I do miss the HUD clock, the waypoint mods, and CarryCapacity, though. Hadn't realized just how much I think of those as core.

7 hours ago, Grish said:

You can allow or disallow sleeping during a temporal storm in the world customizations when starting a new world,unless that isnt working?

Must be working because I never had an issue with this in my singleplayer world.

23 hours ago, Benjamin Bishop said:

I can't say that I am pleased with the changes in this update. I have to disable all mods to just load a new game without crashing. A lot of the changes are just too extreme for my taste. Yes, I know that I can turn off a lot of these changes, but that changes game play in the reverse. I am going to give this some time before I just give up on this one, we shall see what happens. I can't tell you how many games I have played and enjoyed in the past that after major changes from game devs, the game was just ruined for me. I hope this one gets back to its original and let people activate these major changes instead of just forcing them on all players.

The entire point of single-player VS is to be able to modify the games settings to your liking. Your post doesn't actually outline what about the update has upset you besides disabling mod support in which case you can downgrade your game and pretend the update hasn't happened yet till your mods support it, and that is not and never will be the VS developers problem.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rock throwing for just one example. This makes cave exploring extremely difficult. And, lets face it, cave exploring is number two in enjoy-ability after base building. I would ask the game developers to allow us to turn off this one aspect of the drifters. Give it a week and look at the number off players that turn it off.  This will give them an idea of just where the majority fall. I'm not saying everyone thinks like me on this topic, but I follow three you-tubers and they have not as of yet entered a cave. That to me would be a good addition to the game settings. Also, I really enjoy this game. It has superseded all the other games I used to play. I currently have well over 500 game play hours recorded on several starts. I had to start over because I just couldn't find a necessary component for my game play. But that's OK with me, just part of the game. I just don't mind starting a new game. I like it that much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.