Drifters no longer running away/despawning at sunrise?

Gorfinhofin

When I started playing the game about a week ago, the drifters crowding around my house at night would quickly disperse and then disappear when the sun came up. Since the 1.16 update they have just continued to loiter and I have to sprint out the door and lure them away to get rid of them. According to the Wiki, they are supposed to flee from the player in sunlight, but I know many parts of the Wiki are out of date. Was this an intentional change in the update, or is this a bug? Would love to have the old functionality back.

20 hours ago, Gorfinhofin said:

When I started playing the game about a week ago, the drifters crowding around my house at night would quickly disperse and then disappear when the sun came up. Since the 1.16 update they have just continued to loiter and I have to sprint out the door and lure them away to get rid of them. According to the Wiki, they are supposed to flee from the player in sunlight, but I know many parts of the Wiki are out of date. Was this an intentional change in the update, or is this a bug? Would love to have the old functionality back.

I've noticed this as well. They come after me regardless of the light.

I'm probably imagining things, but they seem to flee with less damage. Used to be you could kill them pretty easily with a torch, but now they run away before they take enough damage. Another thing is that if I'm out and about too late, that red lightning spot shows up too far away from base, (like home is near the edge of the minimap), and I end up with nothing at my base all night. Temporal gear hunting means I have to go back out where that spawn thing is.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had hordes of drifters accumulate through high rift activity around my house only to chase me in the mornings. Literally 15-20 drifters running after me, in broad daylight.

They do despawn during the day - only if you run away from them a certain distance. Seems to be the only reliable way to get rid of them. 

As for their behavior of "running" during daylight, it also seems inconsistent or buggy since 1.16. I'm guessing it's because their rock-throwing behavior overrides their running behavior.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.