Higher satiety capacity

challe535

The idea is to just give players more satiety. For example maybe 2 or 3 times the current 1500 capacity. This should be better representative of how food works in reality where it takes up to 30 days to starve if you are well nourished and also should reduce a lot of the micromanagement of having to eat something every 15 minutes or so when doing satiety draining activities.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting to slow down hunger rates that would just make food less important and probably make the game unbalanced with the current nutritional values for the foods.

• Like 1

Its not the same . Slowing hunger down makes you eat less frequent but also eat less overal , while making the satiation bar longer only gives you more time till you need to fill it up (if you slowed hunger down and changed satiation values of all foods by the same precentage it would be the same as making bar longer). That said i think we should wait with changing hunger system till devs show us if and how will character progression look like. In my opinion hunger will have some impact on our character stats and how good they are at exousting actions like mining fighting and so on. Until then there is no point in major rework of this system. At the same time it could be nice if devs added a option in world setings to change max satiation bar value. We already have hunger speed i think so with those two you could really adjust this system to fit your playstayle. For example lets say you use on average 1500 satiation per day and for simplicity of math you eat only carrots 100 satiety each. Normaly you have 1000 satiety bar so you need to eat at least twice a day (if so you eat "n"(n=>5) and 15-n carrots at a time) after 10 days you have gobbled 150 carrots. If you cut hunger speed by 50% you need only 750 satiation per day so the same 15 carrots last you 2 days and since you have 1000 max to fill you only need to eat once 7 or 8 carrots a day, but with longer bar (1500) you still need 15 carrots per day but need to eat only once. You could also use both make bar 50% longer and hunger speed 50% faster (so 150% overall for both) and you have 1500 bar need 2250 satiation per day so you need to eat twice but this time 22 or 23 carrots per day and max 15 at once (use this if you think that there is to much food in game as you will use it 50% faster without changing how often you need to eat. There would be a lot of combinations to fit all kinds of styles.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.