Change location for save files

Fronsi

Hi, I need change a save location but don't know how, i see only add/change mod folder location in client/server.json config in %appdata%/VintageStoryData but there is no change path for save files (only for server but not for client only). I trying add:

--dataPath D:\Vintagestory\Data

into shortcut target element but windows say Its not correct target path element and unable to save it, so this option is checked and its not work for me.

I don't know if vintagestoryserver.exe supports that particular commandline argument. But, even if it didn't, that should create a runtime error. The fact that you got a syntax error when editing the shortcut means that you did the shortcut wrong - likely some kind of spelling or spacing issue. There needs to be a space between the end of vintagestoryserver.exe and the double dashes that begin the argument. Exactly one space. Not two or more.

• 2 weeks later...

@Fronsi

In the serverconfig.json there is a line:

"WorldConfig": {
    "Seed": "Definitely Sunshine",
    "SaveFileLocation": "C:\\Users\\Admin\\AppData\\Roaming\\VintagestoryData\\Saves\\

Not sure if your looking for this info for a server or singleplayer, but there may be a similar setting in the config file for singleplayer.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

My link does change the path for save files and mods. I have different folders for every version I use, each with their own data/save path and mod path.

The saves are in "\data".

D:\Vintagestory\1.15.9\Vintagestory.exe --dataPath "D:\VintageStory\1.15.9\data" --addModPath "D:\VintageStory\1.15.9\Data\Mods"

@FronsiI think I found your mistake, try:

--dataPath "D:\Vintagestory\Data"

This post might help.

Edited by Hal13
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.