One day, I would like to see buffs in the game.

Ultimate_Waffle

In Minecraft, buffs are usually gained through magical means; but I feel magic doesn't fit the vibe of this game. I was thinking more along the lines of natural buffs from the things you consume. Like maybe certain alcohols will make you more resistant to damage, or maybe if something like coffee is added one day it could give you a speed boost. 

I don't. That gives off more of a "physics we don't yet understand" vibe. Worlds in two different planes of existence crashing into each other. There's even teleportation in the game being achieved through a device created by science, even if some of that science is fictional. Rather than through magical means. 

• Like 3

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here. This game is more about believability. Not realism, and not really magic. I can believe two planes of existence crashing and interacting with each other on some level. I can believe there being denizens of that other realm appearing "nightmarish" to us because they're ugly and hostile to us. I can believe coffee giving our character more energy which translates into a speed buff. I can believe alcohol giving our character a durability buff, because drunk people have shown to be able to survive more traumatic events with less injury than sober people just because they didn't tense up. I am not saying this game goes full-science or that it should go full-science. I am saying that potions and enchantments are not at all believable in this fictional world.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.