Quick suggestion: glass to make lanterns

Alessandro De Col

Why limited the crafting to just "clear quarz" ? i mean you can make windows in the 2 materials (glass and quarz) so why not lanterns as well? the ingredien (quarz and clear quarz) comes from the same block, you need the same tool level to obtained it and one have also to smelt quarz to turn it in glass, so not that easy to obtain it in early game anyway

So yeah, basically why end-game players who are technically advanced so much that can smelt real glass, are limited to using only mid-game and rare resource instead of much better and clearer one?
Ofc since they are advanced, they can easily obtain high quantities of clear quartz by bombing or using high-tier fast pickaxe, but still.
I would even suggest that lanterns made with real glass give a bit more light, but lower than the gold/silver lining ones.
Hehe, and lanterns with lining and glass - more light than current lanterns with lining.

If you're making a greenhouse or something, definitely.  But it's nothing like the time you have to invest to find silver and gold, imo.  If anything I'd drop the current lantern a point of illumination for clear quartz.  That would make clear quartz non-mirrored lantern 3 points inferior to a mirrored glass version.  But it'd definitely be nice to be able to upgrade lanterns later.

Archived