Can my potato play VS?

Dawning

Hello! 

I just came across this game and I am watching a Lets Play. I am wondering if my 10 year old potato will play it. I read the minimum hardware but I can't tell if it's more than I have. These are the specs, I added memory about 4 years ago, so I have 16 GB. Thanks for any advice! (edit: don't have the money to replace it right now)

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03516171

Edited by Dawning

An i7 is more than enough. My i3 shows a little stutter, but that's largely because it's only 8 gig RAM. I swapped in more and the stutter was pretty much gone. I see very little difference between my i5 and my i7, though admittedly I do keep graphics to defaults mostly. I can make my i9 with an RTX 3080, SSD and 32 gigs lag if I crank everything to the max.

The hard drive might be an issue if you sprint all the time. So long as you stop every once in a while and let the mapgen catch up, you will be fine. If you, like me, run everywhere, you might want to update the hard drive or better yet add a SSD.

That should be fine, though you might want to play at defaults for a while and change settings to suit your preferences after a while. My guess is that at defaults, it will give great results.

Edited by Thorfinn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.