How do I delete my vintage story account?

Proudarmy46

Hi! I'm a user of the web who wants to minimize the amount of accounts I use everywhere, and I would like to delete my account on the vintage story site. However, I can't find the action to that (Nor an email to contact the team), so I'm just posting it here. Is there a way to delete my account on the site, and if not, could such a feature be implemented? My suggestion would be to add a delete account button on the account page (which is also recommended with GDPR), that deletes the account and all related information. It might be daunting, and I know game dev is hard, but I think I speak for a lot of people who are in the same boat, and would really appreciate it : ) We want to have control over our information on the web.

As a final note, it's not the game, it's just that I want to move on. I remember I tried out Vintage Story a couple of years back and it was pretty awesome!

In the navigation bar at the top of the wbsite, there's a "Client Area" button. If you mouse over it, a submenu will appear, where you can select "Support". There you can create a ticket and request that both your game account and forum account be deleted.

It's not the same as a delete button - which is a fair suggestion - but it should serve your needs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Streetwind said:

In the navigation bar at the top of the wbsite, there's a "Client Area" button. If you mouse over it, a submenu will appear, where you can select "Support". There you can create a ticket and request that both your game account and forum account be deleted.

It's not the same as a delete button - which is a fair suggestion - but it should serve your needs.

Thanks! Yes, although a dedicated delete button would be ideal, this will do : ) Thank you very much!

I doubt it, after all for your game account to stand, the forum one needs to exist. So if you delete the forum account you might aswell say goodbye to the game account. So if OP bought the game and wants to delete forum account, he needs to ask for a refund and then ask for both accounts to be removed.

Edited by Michaloid
  • Sad 1

I say this because to buy the game you need to create a forum account, and use that to buy the game. But yes, i agree with you. The double account thing is very woncky and not optimal. But if Tyron were to change that he'd need to mess with everyone's game account at this point, so i'd say it's best to leave it be. What's done is done.

Yeah, but the only con that it has is that it's kinda confusing to new people. Personally didn't have any problem, but other people may not understand much. Also i'm sure there's more than 10K of game accounts registered already. It'd be a real mess if he messed with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.