mod recommendations

Nalier

Depends on your playstyle, what do you want your experience to be like?

I really like xskills, but for more recommendations, as a player of a more heavily modded playstyle (about 50+ mods) and advocate for on-point-mods to help players with tailoring their experience to fit their taste/needs, I'd need to know about your expectations.

Edited by Hal13

Thanks for answering, Hal ^^ I admit, right now I'm not exactly sure what am I looking for, that's why I wanted to see which mods people like the most. Of course I'm going to check out the most trending/most downloaded mods as well. I'd even like to see your modlist, if that's ok xd

But generally I always look for immersion/crafting/building/survival mods in games I play (of course it's extremely broad for this type of game, I know ^^).

Edited by Nalier

I try to stay away from mods in general. Fallout 4  and Skyrim taught me that 1) I'm a mod addict. I end up spending more time looking for mods and trying to get them to all work together than actually playing the game,  2) mods are like Jenga; one wrong move, one little hiccup, and the whole tower comes crashing down, and 3) with many games, I can't update the game until the mod also updates. However, there are four mods for Vintage Story that I absolutely love, that I won't play without: Primitive Survival, Expanded Foods, Ancient Tools, and QPTECH.

Primitive Survival gives trapping, fishing, jerky, earthworms, crabs, snakes, and a variety of other things I've found very useful.

Expanded Foods takes your cooking experience and just totally launches it into the exosphere.

Ancient Tools gives alternative methods for tanning leather; very useful for those who can't find limestone, as well as several very useful tools.

With QPTECH, I like the cabinets and cast iron stove. A kitchen just doesn't feel like a kitchen to me when I'm storing all my food in trunks. It also gives a ton of machinery, but I honestly don't use those anymore. They're very well put together, but they lag the crap out of my ancient rig. 

I'm also a fan of Mr1k3's mods, especially Temporal Tinkerers, More Classes, and Better Drifters, but I've discontinued them for now. They have a lot of content that I see potentially conflicting with the new update when it rolls out.

• Like 2

A few recommendations:

Slightly going against immersion but practical would be Auto Map Markers, Simple HUD clock, ProspectorInfo and SurvivalCategories.

On the more technical side, I'd recommend Anvil Metal Recovery, Axle in Blocks, Blacksmiths

Crafting, building and decorations: Fancy Doors, Sliding Doors, Stone piles, ZEEkea

A special endorsement goes to From Golden Combs from Vinter_Nacht

7 minutes ago, Ryan Thomas said:

Fallout 4  and Skyrim taught me that 1) I'm a mod addict. I end up spending more time looking for mods and trying to get them to all work together than actually playing the game,  2) mods are like Jenga; one wrong move, one little hiccup, and the whole tower comes crashing down, and 3) with many games, I can't update the game until the mod also updates.

Those issues are usually true for games that aren't made with modding in thought, Bethesda benefits massively from their modding community but their implementation of mods are somewhat half assed. I'm a mod addict too, but in VS it usually takes about 0.5-1% of the time I spend playing with them to find together a modlist and get it to run smoothly. I try to stay away from mods that change too much at once, making trouble shooting easier, and VS is made in a way that if you only add things without changing anything vanilla you rarely run into issues in the first place (and if it's usually recipes from different mod-authors interfering with each other, which usually get fixed quickly after someone encounters them, either by them or another modder).

Edited by Hal13

2 hours ago, Ryan Thomas said:

Fallout 4  and Skyrim taught me that 1) I'm a mod addict. I end up spending more time looking for mods and trying to get them to all work together than actually playing the game

That's me! When I dive into Nexus, I tend to spend more time browsing for mods than playing the game >_>

Thank you both for your suggestions, I'm going to check them out.

That's true as well. I'm not going to add tons of mods all at once. For now I've only added Primitive Survival and CarryCapacity (so I can move full containers around mu hut). Next I'm going to try Expanded Foods and ZEEkea. And then we'll see.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.