Strange ,,double vision" and new wandering vortex

Xarl

Hello

After lenghty absence I am back to playing the game.

First question:

These lines/fading though, is this a known bug or caused by a specific condition/event?

It is quite irritating and so far I am not sure what triggers this.

Attatched hut  pictures also shows it. I am using mods, but no graphic changing mods afaik.

2022-06-28_20-43-08.thumb.png.d60b6f2cd6272a2d6f769f11b3d4243f.png

Second question: Are these wandering vortexes new/what effects do they have and do they just disappear after a while?I am not familiar with them. One was inside a tree, another(probably the same) a while later to the left side of my hut where pictured.
Thanks in advance.

2022-06-30_14-54-46.png

2022-06-29_19-10-34.png

Edited by Xarl

Yeah, I suspect an interaction of steam overlay@ghost images problem.

Do the vortexes just randomly pop up/disappear? And do they trigger a change to the rust world when longer in contact?
I walked touching distance to one and it spawned me several drifters as expected.

Side question: is there a way to check my current set values( for singleplayer).

Ie: hunger rate, ability to sleep though storms etc.

Edited by Xarl

Rifts appear randomly and will eventually disappear.  The rift activity (in your character screen) will show the level of drifter spawning from rifts.

If you hover over the save file in the welcome screen you can see that world's settings.  A lot of those can be changed by server commands within the game.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 10:50 PM, Xarl said:

Side question: is there a way to check my current set values( for singleplayer).

Ie: hunger rate, ability to sleep though storms etc.

Answered by /u/Maelstrom, but a picture for those who want it.

Press "c" to enter the character screen to see current rift activity, your player's stats, equipment and more.

image.png.89ce4ef3c840e38d2ce8bee816a074ca.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.