"Server actively refused to connect"

Music Maker

So I have a friend trying to join my server, it's being hosted by Anego Studios themselves (the paid server option). Friend is whitelisted and has the right ip but it continues to say "Server actively refused to connect", I haven't seen any recent posts about this, let alone useful ones with solutions so I presume this is a fairly uncommon issue. I'm not aware of a server password nor how to set one from the game's UI. Does anyone have any pointers in the right direction for this issue? Many thanks so anyone who does! ^-^

1 hour ago, Hal13 said:

The only thing, coming to mind right now, would be blacklisted instead of whitelisted... Or it could be that the server itself (not the game but the hardware in the data centre) has blacklisted your friend's ip...

This is one of the paid servers, no banned players, they have full perms, server slots set to 8, I'm kinda out of ideas honestly =/

I meant, maybe you've put your friend on the wrong list accidentially (though i have no idea how the interface looks like and if that'd be even possible), or the ip your friend tries to connect from is blocked by the datacenter the server is located in. I assume you did already check for typos?

If that's not helping you might want to open a ticket with the support for the server.

• 1 year later...

Currently with the 1.18.8 update and G-portal servers the same problem.

"Server actively refused" error.

No whitelisting, tried player auth toggle, didn't work, wiped the server and made a new one, didn't work.
Server says it's on 1.18.8 version. But no deal.

It's probably an issue on G-Portal side, because my other server works, and single player works.

Also, vanilla setup, no mods.

I tried any form of setting and nothing works. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.