Spawn point in the air?

assassin_chad_23

Is anyone else having the world spawn point located in the air?  Mine is high enough to cause 50% damage on spawn.    There was a wooden block where the spawn was that the world generated i tried to remove it to see if it helped.  it did not.  

The funny part that was not where i came in day 1.  it is the same location but now in the tree tops lol.    just curious if anyone else has seen this with v1.17.0-rc.2 ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If I enable all, ApacheTech.VintageMods.CampaignCartographer_v3.0.2, BetterRuins0.0.4,  survivalcats_v1.16.5-1.2.3-rc.2, abandonedkingdom, PrimitiveSurvival3.0.5, xinvtweaks_v1.4.2, RuinVariants-v1.0.1, MoreClay-1.0.1, CarryCapacity-VS1.16.0-v0.6.5, singlepause-1.0.3 MoreDungeonsV0.1.1, BuzzWords1.1.0, ZoomButton1.3.0, wildcraft-v1.4.4, JustMoreRuins v 0.3.1, and MeteoricExpansion_V1.2.2.

But usually I add in just one of the expanded ruins mods, and now that the handbook pauses, I don't bother with the pause. I rarely use Wildcraft for singleplayer anymore -- the first day or two are the only real challenges and the super-abundant food nerfs that. I also intentionally do not use the food options Primative Survival gives, at least in the first week or so. But they are both there if I am running a multi-player server with friends.

I generally play with 200% Hunger Rate, if that matters.

I don't see anything that should fiddle with mapgen, with the possible exception of MoreClay. But I'm spawning in trees, not on clay, so probably that's not it. Unless maybe there's a Primitive Survival tree hollow I didn't notice? I don't know if that just replaces a trunk segment or spawns a tree.

13 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

BetterRuins0.0.4 [...]abandonedkingdom [...]RuinVariants-v1.0.1 [...]MoreClay-1.0.1 [...]MoreDungeonsV0.1.1 [...]JustMoreRuins v 0.3.1

I don't see anything that should fiddle with mapgen

Afaik all of those mess with worldgen, but you still should spawn on top of a full block surface... possible that one of the others messes with player spawning?

But usually I add in just one of the expanded ruins mods, and now that the handbook pauses, I don't bother with the pause. I rarely use Wildcraft for singleplayer anymore -- the first day or two are the only real challenges and the super-abundant food nerfs that. I also intentionally do not use the food options Primative Survival gives, at least in the first week or so. But they are both there if I am running a multi-player server with friends.

As long as they are activated in the settings they are used, hence it could be a conflict between mods messing with worldgen... (similar as in my 1.16 world I have a up to about 30 thick water layer underground cutting through the rock, floating through caves...)

But I'm spawning in trees

That's something that can happen, after all branchy leaves and wood both have full block surfaces and afaik the player character spawns on the highest full block surface at world spawn. It didn't happen to me yet, but only because there never was a tree spanning over worldspawn (heck I had spawns where I had to walk for days to find more than a two-log-tree).

6 hours ago, Axebeard said:

I'm on the latest version and it happens in vanilla for me, as well as with mods. The initial spawn for both players is on the ground, but when we die, we respawn a hundred tiles in the air.

Okay in vanilla it shouldn't happen at all, that's quite likely a bug you should report. Can it easily be reproduced or does it happen once and then not again for several deaths? Maybe it is a bug and has nothing to do with mods then after all...

Edited by Hal13

6 hours ago, Hal13 said:

Afaik all of those mess with worldgen

True. In other voxel games I've modded myself, the structure/decoration/node(s) affect only the parts of the mapgen where they take place. So for a mod to cause a player spawn in a tree would only make sense if the tree were spawned in through that mod. If PS replaces a tree trunk node with a tree hollow node, that has no effect on the tree itself. But if it has a schematic or procedure to add a tree where there was not one before, yes, that could cause problems like that.

Without looking at the code, I don't know whether any of those spawn in new trees. I'd be surprised if they do. As I look at the terrain around the new ruins, it looks more like they just add to an otherwise blank space, possibly overwriting nodes placed by other earlier mapgen routines. Leaves are usually, but not always, just interrupted, i.e., the ruins structure replaces the leaves/trunks, while the "air" nodes in the new ruins structure remain leaves.

I do know that I've never spawned in/on one of those ruins variant structures. They are rare enough that is not unexpected.

6 hours ago, Hal13 said:

That's something that can happen, after all branchy leaves and wood both have full block surfaces and afaik the player character spawns on the highest full block surface at world spawn. It didn't happen to me yet, but only because there never was a tree spanning over worldspawn (heck I had spawns where I had to walk for days to find more than a two-log-tree).

I figured that. I just thought that the OP was wondering whether that happens to others, and I just reported that it does happen to me on occasion.

Edited by Thorfinn

I did a full wipe of the game. Delete the files in %appdata% and the main installation directory. Reinstalled, and so far, I am spawning on the ground like normal. I think the issue may have been a very old version of the game I had installed from a year or two ago.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:37 AM, Thorfinn said:

I do know that I've never spawned in/on one of those ruins variant structures. They are rare enough that is not unexpected.

Rare they are, but now I can no longer say that. The game I just started, I appeared on top of the ruins block that was at spawn.

Edited by Thorfinn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.