Overhaul to Wolf AI

goony124

Please can we have an overhaul to the wolf AI so the game doesn't become a loop of dying and getting your stuff back ( or losing all your stuff) because you accidentally walked into a hedge with a wolf hidden in it? Me and my friend have been trying to get into the game but had to turn "keep inventory" because the constant aggressive wolves are just a bane to us from doing anything.

I've noticed a few threads like this and hopefully a new one would get across the urgency the wolves need an overhaul.

An idea of wolf aggression that could be interesting is based on how you have treated wolves throughout the game. In other words, the wolf pack remembers your actions against them and becomes more hostile over time rather than instantly. This doesn't mean however that it will be easy to avoid getting attacked because there will still be situations where wolves are a threat. For example, wolves may attack your livestock or steal your kills as a hunter. If you kill those wolves then other wolves will remember from then on.

• Wolf Bait 1

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

The developer(s) are not very active on the forums.  Better to make this request through the VS discord.

Until wolf behavior is tweaked consider crafting improvised armor which is available on day one.  Also consider different tactics in dealing with wolves.

You say that like they regularly read suggestions on discord.

I find you just have to choose your starting base location very carefully. Too close to wolves and you're going to be continuously hassled, but they are not that hard to run away from or that annoying as long as you're not camped right near the forest. I have done huge runs through the thickest forest, camping up trees at night (just throw a few ladders up the trunk), and not been bitten once and didn't have any armor. And I personally enjoy that they are so scary. If they are a bother though, you can adjust the settings in the config file to amend HP and health and such. But as much as I'm normally a wuss in games, I loved the scary wolves and enjoyed very much getting high enough in the tech tree to turn the tables.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.