A Culinary Artillery 1.1.4

l33tmaan

Good Evening.

I am attempting to utilize your spiles to farm resin, however I am having difficulty.

The spiles seem to randomly stop producing fresh resin? this happened on my creative test world when I was messing around with Time. Destroying old spiles and placing new ones seems to fix the issue. I only noticed this after leaving the world and returning. also, spiles didnt work on oaks, but did work on pines. I assume this is intended. After the buckets, barrels, and bowls are filled with resin, I am unable to find a way to remove cured resin from buckets and bowls. I can remove resin from barrels by breaking the barrels. No such luck with buckets and bowls. How should i be removing cured resin from buckets and bowls? do i not understand something? I asked a similar question on the expanded foods mod page.

Thank you.

• l33tmaan changed the title to A Culinary Artillery 1.1.0

Updated to 1.1.0, baby!!

~1.19_v1.1.0~
- Cookware trader actually spawns in-game
- French translation actually included this time (sorry about that)
- based bugfixes from Pursec:
-- Hopeful fix for liquid outputs to properly go into cauldron/saucepan
-- Bottles can emit light when held
-- Fixed dedicated server/subsequent rejoin patching issues and saucepan display issues
-- Cracking eggs doesn't cause crashes anymore
-- Fix for Item ID outside of range crash

Edited by l33tmaan
  • Amazing! 1

Updated to 1.1.1!

- Cookware trader spawn chance reduced from 10.0 to 1.0
- ALL THE TRADER'S FANCY TOOLS AND CYLINDERS REMOVED BECAUSE THERE'S NO WAY TO PROTECT THEM (TYRON PLZ FUCKING FIX WAT DA HELL)
- 2 secret bottles of Soulstorm Brew added to spawnhouse, for good luck

• Haha 1

• l33tmaan changed the title to A Culinary Artillery 1.1.1
  • l33tmaan changed the title to A Culinary Artillery 1.1.2
7 hours ago, l33tmaan said:

Updated to 1.1.2!

- Cookware trader minGroupDistance increased from 700 to 2000
- Spawnhouse tools actually removed this time, I guess

Does it solve the issue with cookware traders replacing every other trader?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 2:17 AM, Psyborg said:

Does it solve the issue with cookware traders replacing every other trader?

Uhh, judging from comments on the ModDB, it seems not. Funny, because I only see one every thousand or two-thousand blocks when I test it myself. Some people say it replaced like 7 out of 8 traders they ran into? I thought boosting minGroupDistance would fix that, but I guess not...

• l33tmaan changed the title to A Culinary Artillery 1.1.3

Running on 64 bit Windows 10.0.19045.0 with 16336 MB RAM
Game Version: v1.19.3 (Stable)
3/9/2024 2:49:57 PM: Critical error occurred in the following mod: aculinaryartillery@1.1.3
Loaded Mods: acorns@0.5.3, aculinaryartillery@1.1.3, autopanning@1.0.1, bettercrates@1.7.0, bettertraders@0.0.5, blacksmithname@1.1.6, chiseltools@1.10.5, entitiesinteract@1.0.3, extendedcrafts@1.1.0, fantasycreatures@0.7.1, foundrymod@1.0.0, mannequinstand@1.0.3, optimizedwindmills@1.0.1, primitivesurvival@3.4.8, rpvoicechat@2.3.8, sortablestorage@2.2.2, Swordz@1.1.6, thecritterpack@0.8.8, game@1.19.3, animalcages@3.0.2, autoloot@1.0.1, betterfirepit@1.1.4, betterruins@0.3.4, canjewelry@0.2.16, canmarket@0.3.24, carryon@1.7.4, commonlib@2.3.2, divisionoflabor@1.0.8, expandedfoods@1.6.8, fairplayguardian@1.1.7, fromgoldencombs@1.4.25, hudclock@3.4.0, justanarrowheadmold@1.0.1, knapster@2.8.5, medievalexpansion@3.13.1, meteoricexpansion@1.2.5, morepiles@1.5.0, natsachievements@1.0.1, nohandsfp@1.0.1, petai@2.2.3, playerlist@1.8.0, pomshadercache@1.1.1, prospecttogether@1.3.0, sanctuarypatch@1.1.3, steadycam@1.3.1, stonebakeoven@1.1.3, storagecontroller@1.0.7, storageoptions@1.0.2, strspawnchances@0.1.6, th3dungeon@0.2.1-rc.1, vanvar@3.3.0, creative@1.19.3, survival@1.19.3, VsTrashcan@1.0.5, waypointtogether@1.0.1, woodenfortifications@0.0.4, workbenchexpansion@1.8.0, xlib119@0.7.4-dev.1191, betterruinslootchanges@0.0.3, cats@2.0.1, em@2.5.0, feverstonewilds@1.4.5, playercorpse@1.9.0, rifteye@0.3.4, simplewinddirection@1.0.2, stonequarry@3.2.1, vsradiomod@0.2.0, wolftaming@2.1.0, xskills119@0.7.5-dev.1191, bricklayers@2.5.0, moreroads@1.5.4, tailorsdelight@1.3.0
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ACulinaryArtillery.BlockBottle.GenMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack contentStack, BlockPos forBlockPos)
   at ACulinaryArtillery.BlockBottle.OnBeforeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack itemstack, EnumItemRenderTarget target, ItemRenderInfo& renderinfo)
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.GetItemStackRenderInfo(ClientMain game, ItemSlot inSlot, EnumItemRenderTarget target, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\InventoryItemRenderer.cs:line 388
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.RenderItemstackToGui(ItemSlot inSlot, Double posX, Double posY, Double posZ, Single size, Int32 color, Single dt, Boolean shading, Boolean origRotate, Boolean showStackSize) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\InventoryItemRenderer.cs:line 195
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.RenderAPIGame.RenderItemstackToGui(ItemSlot inSlot, Double posX, Double posY, Double posZ, Single size, Int32 color, Single dt, Boolean shading, Boolean rotate, Boolean showStackSize) in VintagestoryLib\Client\API\RenderAPIGame.cs:line 268
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 479
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Render(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\GuiComposer.cs:line 716
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialog.cs:line 380
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.HudElement.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\HudElement.cs:line 30
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.HudHotbar.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\Huds\HudHotbar.cs:line 574
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnRenderFrameGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\GuiManager.cs:line 301
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.DummyRenderer.OnRenderFrame(Single deltaTime, EnumRenderStage stage) in VintagestoryApi\Client\API\IClientEventAPI.cs:line 83
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Util\ClientEventManager.cs:line 199
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 799
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 988
   at Vintagestory.Client.GuiScreenRunningGame.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\MainMenu\Screens\GuiScreenRunningGame.cs:line 241
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 675
   at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 650
   at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:line 88
   at OpenTK.Windowing.Desktop.GameWindow.Run()
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 318
   at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<.ctor>b__1() in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 128
   at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

I cannot get the mixing bowl to work with any kind of meat at all. Nuggets of any kind, raw meat of any kind, any kind of smashed meat. I don't know if the mixing bowl just doesn't accept meat or what's going on. For example. I have a cooking pot in the bottom slot, then in the ingredient slots (left to right) 6 red meat nuggets, 6 red meat nuggets, 6 copped onions, 6 spelt bread crumbs, 6 cheddar cheese, 6 chopped parsnips. If I remove the meat, a salad recipe shows up. but as soon as I add any meat, it won't allow me to mix

2 hours ago, Sodyaler said:

I cannot get the mixing bowl to work with any kind of meat at all. Nuggets of any kind, raw meat of any kind, any kind of smashed meat. I don't know if the mixing bowl just doesn't accept meat or what's going on. For example. I have a cooking pot in the bottom slot, then in the ingredient slots (left to right) 6 red meat nuggets, 6 red meat nuggets, 6 copped onions, 6 spelt bread crumbs, 6 cheddar cheese, 6 chopped parsnips. If I remove the meat, a salad recipe shows up. but as soon as I add any meat, it won't allow me to mix

I've only been able to use cooked meat and dumplings in a salad with any amount of success

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

l33tmaan

Running on 64 bit Windows 10.0.22631.0 with 32405 MB RAM (well, thats not true, I got win 11, but ok)
Game Version: v1.19.5 (Stable)
22-Mar-24 13:18:18: Critical error occurred in the following mod: aculinaryartillery@1.1.3
Loaded Mods: aculinaryartillery@1.1.3, millwright@1.1.4, primitivesurvival@3.4.9, she1fish@1.2.0, game@1.19.5, animalcages@3.0.2, betterruins@0.3.4, expandedfoods@1.6.8, usefulstuff17@1.3.2, creative@1.19.5, survival@1.19.5
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'Unable to find a texture for texture code 'water_bucket' in saucepan. Giving up. Sorry.')
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShapeTesselator.TesselateShapeElement(Int32 indexForLogging, MeshData meshdata, ShapeElement element, TesselationMetaData meta) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\Tesselation\ShapeTesselator.cs:line 394
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShapeTesselator.TesselateShapeElements(MeshData meshdata, ShapeElement[] elements, TesselationMetaData meta) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\Tesselation\ShapeTesselator.cs:line 306
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShapeTesselator.TesselateShapeElements(MeshData meshdata, ShapeElement[] elements, TesselationMetaData meta) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\Tesselation\ShapeTesselator.cs:line 306
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShapeTesselator.TesselateShape(Shape shapeBase, MeshData& modeldata, Vec3f wholeMeshRotation, Vec3f wholeMeshOffset, Single wholeMeshScale, TesselationMetaData meta) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\Tesselation\ShapeTesselator.cs:line 302
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ShapeTesselator.TesselateShape(String typeForLogging, Shape shapeBase, MeshData& modeldata, ITexPositionSource texSource, Vec3f wholeMeshRotation, Int32 generalGlowLevel, Byte climateColorMapId, Byte seasonColorMapId, Nullable`1 quantityElements, String[] selectiveElements) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\Tesselation\ShapeTesselator.cs:line 207
at ACulinaryArtillery.BlockSaucepan.GenRightMesh(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack contentStack, BlockPos forBlockPos, Boolean isSealed)
at ACulinaryArtillery.BlockSaucepan.OnBeforeRender(ICoreClientAPI capi, ItemStack itemstack, EnumItemRenderTarget target, ItemRenderInfo& renderinfo)
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.GetItemStackRenderInfo(ClientMain game, ItemSlot inSlot, EnumItemRenderTarget target, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\InventoryItemRenderer.cs:line 315
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.InventoryItemRenderer.RenderItemstackToGui(ItemSlot inSlot, Double posX, Double posY, Double posZ, Single size, Int32 color, Single dt, Boolean shading, Boolean origRotate, Boolean showStackSize) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Render\InventoryItemRenderer.cs:line 194
at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.RenderInteractiveElements(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Elements\Impl\Interactive\Inventory\GuiElementItemSlotGridBase.cs:line 509
at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Render(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\GuiComposer.cs:line 716
at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialog.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialog.cs:line 385
at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiDialogBlockEntity.OnRenderGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryApi\Client\UI\Dialog\GuiDialogBlockEntity.cs:line 111
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.GuiManager.OnRenderFrameGUI(Single deltaTime) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Systems\Gui\GuiManager.cs:line 318
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientEventManager.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\Util\ClientEventManager.cs:line 186
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.TriggerRenderStage(EnumRenderStage stage, Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 809
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientMain.RenderToDefaultFramebuffer(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientMain.cs:line 1013
at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.Render(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 676
at Vintagestory.Client.ScreenManager.OnNewFrame(Single dt) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ScreenManager.cs:line 651
at Vintagestory.Client.NoObf.ClientPlatformWindows.window_RenderFrame(FrameEventArgs e) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\GameWindow.cs:line 88
at OpenTK.Windowing.Desktop.GameWindow.Run()
at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.Start(ClientProgramArgs args, String[] rawArgs) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 324
at Vintagestory.Client.ClientProgram.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<.ctor>b__1() in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientProgram.cs:line 128
at Vintagestory.ClientNative.CrashReporter.Start(ThreadStart start) in VintagestoryLib\Client\ClientPlatform\ClientNative\CrashReporter.cs:line 93

This started happening since I updated the game from 1.19.4. and apparently persists to 1.19.5.
I have reinstalled the entire game, just ported the world. It seems to happen with multiple items from this mod. I have updated all mods as well. The world worked for over 70 hours fine before. Any ideas what to do? Thanks!

• l33tmaan changed the title to A Culinary Artillery 1.1.4

Updated to 1.1.4!

~1.19_v1.1.4~
- "A Culinary Artillery: Primer" handbook title changed to "A Culinary Artillery: Cooking 100 - Your Tools"
- Expanded Food items work properly with trader quests (thanks to Pursec)
- BlockBottle crashing fixed again (thanks to Pursec)
- XSkills compatibility updated or something? (thanks to Xandu & Pursec)
- Trader dialogue expanded (for now; some more will appear when Expanded Foods is installed)
- Wildcraft Trees re-integrated (bottle/meat racks & rolling pin work with new wood)

@Ralfy Can you try clearing your mod cache folder? It should be in the same folder containing your logs. You can also try expanding your atlas texture size. I forget how to do that, but it should be around these forums if you look for it. This happens to a lot of people.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 4:43 AM, Boostar said:

how the heck to you make a cast iron cauldron? i've been wondering for ages

On 8/24/2023 at 11:49 AM, EreticKB said:

Traders.

This is something that should be mentioned somewhere in the documentation and/or item description - I thought I was going INSANE, since I (correctly) thought that you can't cast iron.

Google didn't work, so I chalked it up to poorly documented mechanic and tried a million operations with the bloomery, crucible and bits.

When that didn't work, I went over to the source code of the Expanded Foods and started digging through it, and when that didn't work and I realized it's part of the parent mod, I went through the Culinary Artillery repo.

I couldn't find any evidence that it is actually cast from iron somehow, so I combed through this thread page by page, expecting to see this question at least a dozen times.

And now I see this.

Oh well, at least I know the answer now and can point all of my confused friends to this thread.

TL;DR: Please add important information - the inability to obtain cauldron without a trader - to the item description, otherwise people will waste days searching "how to cast iron in vintage story".

Edit 2 mins later: Note that I am not running the latest version, but one before it - if it was already added then sorry, my bad, but if not please do add it.

Edited by sysblade1984
additional info
  • Sad 1

I just realized by looking in creative tabs that other types of cauldrons exist...

All of us assumed that only iron cast cauldron exists since it's the one that the in-game guide points to, so everyone thought that it was gated end-game content.

I am speechless. 🤣 🤦‍♂️

If I knew that they can be made from other materials, I wouldn't even make the original post.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.