Any Suggested mods?

TheDisgruntledFarmer
Go to solution Solved by Ogi Teh yeti,

I am not one to apply game changing mods, but I do appreciate quality of life mods. I had saw one mod that allowed you to pick up baskets and storage vessels while keeping it’s inventory inside allowing you to easily move storage, but I do not know what it’s called. Is there anything other mods you guys are using for quality of life, and where do you get your VS Mods? 

As to when it comes to ACTUAL QoL mods that change no gameplay, here are 3 (well 2 and a half):
ProspectorInfo : what this mod does is record your prospector findings on your map to make locating possible deposits slightly easier
Simple HUD Clock : this adds a HUD clock that also contains day, month, year and season information. also activates a timer when a temporal storm is announced that shows you how much time you have (configurable)

Carry On: This is the mod you asked about that allows you to move containers without having to empty them.
Carry On More:And this is the addon for it that provides support for various mods that do not natively have support for it. Because we all start with the most vanilla of intentions but we know we will end up with more mods than we know what to do with :P

• Like 1

Depends on why you use Buzz.

In any case, it is useful to use Buzz for at least a little while to see how freaking common wild bees really are. Once you get better at seeing/hearing hives, if you want the challenge back, quit using it.

But I guess the same could be said of VTP. There really is a lot of it, but it's kind of hard to figure out what to look for.

Edited by Thorfinn
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

There really is a lot of it, but it's kind of hard to figure out what to look for.

Not necessarily.  I installed VTP to help find it after spending 2 in game years and only having 2 stacks of the stuff despite running over an area covering tens of thousands of blocks.   As I travelled over those areas I found that I hadn't missed any TP.  After installing Buzz, I have found the same to be true; bees may be rare and I didn't miss any. 

Ultimately, it comes down to the seed and RNG.  VS is sometimes kind and sometimes cruel.

• Like 1

Fair. There are places where you (or at least I) find no preta or bees, and others where you can't swing a dead cat. It might be because I'm generally fleeing from wolves and not really paying attention, or it might be the area around the origin just doesn't have much but I rarely find more than a single deposit of preta, only one or two bees, maybe 3-4 resin that first day. Upside of all that running is I'd say about half the time I've also stumbled across borax on day 1 or 2.

I'm finding myself mostly ignoring preta anyway. If I collect it, I usually don't bother putting it down, always thinking there will be a better spot later, and not wanting to futz with it, knowing I won't be able to recover it when I want to move. Soon I'm farming a few hundred blocks of medium fertility soil, enough food to feed an army, and swamped in linen I have no idea what to do with now, and getting to the point where I'd rather restart than make steel, for as little benefit as there is over iron or meteorite.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.