Reinstall?

Kicks

9 hours ago, Thorfinn said:
12 hours ago, dakko said:

It does work. It is what I started doing when first experiencing the mod issue with 1.17. Or maybe it was 1.16, I can't remember.

Indeed. That is how we had been managing multiple instances with various game and mod settings, just renaming directories. It's not until last night that I realized that @Tyronalready gave us the ability to do that without mucking around. Copy/paste the shortcut, rename it so you can remember what it does, edit the target field, and you have only to restart the game to have created the new instance. Select whatever mods and settings you like there. They don't affect your other instances.

No, I meant that I had been using the shortcut/command line method for several years until mod conflicts began to occur with v.1.17 (or possibly 1.16). It seemed like the game was picking up the mod folder from the previous install folder even though the command line was directing to the new install folder, so that I was getting BOTH mod folders (as far as I can remember; it's been awhile and I don't have time this week to verify if my memory is correct).

I'm sure that I can look through what has been written here and in Streetwind's new thread and figure out how to make it work now, thanks to all of y'all's efforts to help. Many thanks!

22 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

Cool. I look forward to it. Are you going to show the advanced usage, too, or do you figure that's sufficiently unusual desire that anyone who knows he wants that can intuit it out?

Well, primarily I wanted to focus on producing instructions on how to separate the data folders that works reliably for everyone.

If you feel like it is worth expanding on that, feel free to add anything you like, so long as it makes sense. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.