TAP FOR RESIN AND BEER

Dopelganz

It’s still a mystery to me, how is it that they added alcohol to the game and didn’t add beer? Well, to hell with this beer, but there are no mugs from which one could drink alcohol. I think it would be really cool to add different mugs to the game. Carved for example or metal.

I'm just imagining how cool it would be to build a bar or tavern where they serve you a big mug of beer or ale. Judging by what is currently in the game, in terms of mechanics, growing hops and subsequently infusing malt in barrels is a doable task. In general, reproduce the entire technology of beer production.

I also want to note that collecting resin at the late stage of the game is very tedious and inconvenient, and selecting pine trees with resin for a farm is very tricky. I propose a metal faucet with a reservoir into which resin will flow over time and periodically it can be collected. These are reasonable ideas that I had during the game and which I would be glad to see in the game.

Edited by Dopelganz
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

I like the idea of players being able to create a way to harvest Resin more efficiently, and I'm thinking of something like this: Instead of driving a Tap like you initially suggested, I would instead suggest being able to use an Axe to gouge into the tree and remove the bark from one side at the expense of some of the durability of the Axe, and then wait (for whatever would be a realistic amount of time) for Resin to leak out of the tree, which could be potentially semi-automated by placing Bowls or a Bucket at the base of the tree where you carved into it. Pine Trees release Resin primarily to fight off infection as a protective barrier over injuries, so the bark would eventually heal which would require you to carve into it again. While I am unsure to the accuracy of the article, it can be used as a reference point for the process due to the example images included in the gallery.

Edited by Arthurice
Grammar.

2 hours ago, ArgentLuna said:

Unless its changed again in the later iterations the spawn rate seems in 18.1 to be significantly higher than 1.16 ~ i have 9 trees in a small area of forest that ive found and overall when exploring a lot more about the place.

I find that the ResinOnAllSides mod also helps a lot in not missing the trees with resin.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for adding Taps, I'd recommend at least requiring Black Bronze, but probably also have a better version that uses Iron or Steel, which can get resin (or other products) from other tree types?

As far as beer goes, I'm not sure if it's needed at all to tap a barrel, though bulk aging alcohol in large casks that need a tap would be neat.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.