Specify Resource Seed

PhotriusPyrelus

I've been generating the same seed several times and have noticed a *lot* of difference in foliage, ruins, contents of pots, loose rocks and flint, and even - I think - metal bits.

It would be nice to have access to whatever is used to seed these spawns and to be able to specify it so we can get the same exact world every time.

Edited by PhotriusPyrelus

A lot of that is random though. Even saving the game before you break the pot, put a copy of that save in a different location and keep breaking the pot from that same original file will give you a random result.

• Like 1

I think that would be boring as heck. That's the main reason I choose procedurally-generated worlds over map-based games. I just think it's vastly more fun to think of this world as something no one has ever seen before, and for all practical purposes, cannot ever duplicate. A completely unique experience in terms of details.

But then again, for me a good share of the fun is reacting to the world as it is, and doing the best I can with it.

Please understand, I don't object to that kind of functionality in the game. I just can't imagine myself in a circumstance where I would ever use it.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.