Forum: Dark Mode?

PhotriusPyrelus
Go to solution Solved by Giciel,

• Solution

There's no dark mode that I'm aware of. But I know there's 2 different themes on this site :

• The "Vintage Story (default)" with light brown beige color and green for the buttons
  • The "Classic High Contrast" which is pure white.

Normaly you should be on the first one by default but it doesn't hurt to check.
The option for the Theme is at the bottom of the page next to "Privacy Policy".

image.thumb.png.0430c244683c301aa97972a4814c593a.png

If you are already on the default theme then I suggest you to lower the luminosity levels of your screen if it hurts that much.

Edited by Giciel

Have you considered adjusting your monitor#s brightness, or perhaps checking if there's an auto-brightness mode?

I certainly perceive white backgrounds as much brighter at night, with just interior lighting, than during the day when there's sunlight coming through the windows. So I started adjusting my monitor's brightness whenever I felt that it was too bright (or not bright enough), and it's been much more comfortable that way.

It's a multi-faceted problem.  I use dark mode on practically every other site, so I'm used to it.  My monitor is adjusted for that, and it doesn't make much sense to change everything all around for one forum.  ::shrug::

...also, if I'm playing a game with dark-but-not-pitch-black nights, or a space game, a glaring white screen on the side makes it harder to see anything in the game.

Appreciate the advice, tho.  The default theme is good enough.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.