"What was this?"
"You feel something passing by and the dust rises"

When the oceans update comes, monsters and legends cannot be left out.
My suggestion is that the developers take advantage of the mysterious atmosphere that Vintage Story has and invest in it, making the oceans something challenging and mysterious, not just colorful corals. I emphasize that a good suggestion of inspiration would be the recent thriller game "Iron Lung"

image.thumb.png.8defec07b3d1b1b8078576e566186f23.png

Edited by Marlin
  • Wolf Bait 1

• Marlim changed the title to The depths of the ocean

Sure. But remember you have to balance risk and reward or there's no point in even going near the ocean. Looking at how low-key ruins are, as in if you loot enough ore vessels, you MIGHT be able to find enough tin to more or less skip the copper age, but very unlikely. The loot it would take to make me tangle with Leviathan -- don't know that it exists. Maybe a device that let you choose which translocator you want to be sent to? Might be worth it, but in practice, it would mean you need to bring at least temporal gears with you in order to get back home. Though I don't find translocators worth the hassle in the first place.

Love the idea. Just not sure it's a good fit for the game.

16 hours ago, Thorfinn said:

Sure. But remember you have to balance risk and reward or there's no point in even going near the ocean. Looking at how low-key ruins are, as in if you loot enough ore vessels, you MIGHT be able to find enough tin to more or less skip the copper age, but very unlikely. The loot it would take to make me tangle with Leviathan -- don't know that it exists. Maybe a device that let you choose which translocator you want to be sent to? Might be worth it, but in practice, it would mean you need to bring at least temporal gears with you in order to get back home. Though I don't find translocators worth the hassle in the first place.

Love the idea. Just not sure it's a good fit for the game.

Yup right now there's no point to it. I hope eventually something like that makes it into the game, though, when it gets more dejanked and balanced out.

I like triggering my thalassophobia.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.