No More Stone Knapping

DonZekane

If you want to keep an area drifter-free, and are going to be gone for more than the 2 days your torches will stay lit, it's arguably worthwhile. Drifter drops are too pathetic to waste time on. Placing rocks is a pretty serious time-waster, too. I'd think the only time it might be worth it is either in caves under your base so you don't have to listen to the moaning all the time, and on the top of a salt dome, where you basically do it once and then dig out the block under it.

So long as placing the rock is not too clunky, I'd consider it. Well, as long as it doesn't interfere with regular placement for knapping. I wouldn't want anything that makes that more involved or time-consuming.

[EDIT]

For example, if thrown rocks became placed rocks on the nearest open surface, sure, why not use that?

[/EDIT]

Edited by Thorfinn

On 6/15/2023 at 2:40 AM, PhotriusPyrelus said:

...why would I be doing that?  Why is that 'the smart thing'?

You... how dare you not watch Kurazarrh? =] You put stones down when you wanna permanently block drifter spawns in an area. As Thorfinn said, this is mostly for under your base but I do it everytime and everywhere regardless, and I can't be the only one doing that.

On 6/16/2023 at 4:28 AM, DonZekane said:

You... how dare you not watch Kurazarrh? =] You put stones down when you wanna permanently block drifter spawns in an area. As Thorfinn said, this is mostly for under your base but I do it everytime and everywhere regardless, and I can't be the only one doing that.

Oh.  I just use fences to make safe pockets to work in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.