Coal, Bees and Horsetails? It's me again!

TheCurmudgeon

Lol! Well, I can't help you with the love part, but brown coal is found in sedimentary rock. I think charcoal is a better fuel source (made by burning full stacks of firewood within a fully enclosed space; blocks such as tilled farmland do not count as a full block because it is one pixel lower than a standard block). Let me know if you need more detail on making charcoal.

Horsetails can grow spontaineously on tilled farmland (not sure if it needs to be moist), just like grass but it is more rare. It grows in the wild in areas that also favor mushrooms. I'm not sure of the actual requirements. I associate them with woods too -- the places where you are apt to find sticks on the ground -- often with some elevation, but not necessarily. There are other poultices that can be made with linen and do not require horsetails.

Are you in 1.9? In the most recent version (1.10 pre-release) the chance of finding bees has been increased x3, if I remember correctly. However food also decays in 1.10, so there's that. Anyway, bees spawn during world creation and require a dry climate. They are associated with the type of climate that favors soybeans. They're most often found in acacia trees or oaks (sometimes in those really huge oaks, and the hives can be way up high too!). Some hives will hang openly from the bottom of trunks, but they can also be found in straight trunks. Most people will hear them before they see them.

• Like 1

Your base is looking really nice!

A couple of your copper molds were not completely full and that is why you couldn't pick them up after they'd cooled. Each tool takes 100 units of copper -- there is text that appears while you're pouring to let you know how much is in the mold.

It takes 2 copper ingots to make 1 copper plate. They're made on the anvil after being heated in a forge.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.