Wolves Respawning way too quickly?

ASpoopyPixel

I live in a forest in my area. It was relatively peaceful until the wolf nation invaded. I'd kill a group of wolves and it'd return to being peaceful. 1-4 days later, there's double the amount of wolves. Sometimes wolves even spawn extremely close to me or even inside my base. Is this a bug or intended feature? The more wolves I kill, they keep respawning extremely quickly.

On 8/2/2023 at 4:38 AM, ASpoopyPixel said:

Sometimes wolves even spawn extremely close to me or even inside my base. Is this a bug or intended feature?

It is an intended feature. If you have based in a wooded area, there's a good chance it's a spawning zone for wolves and bears. Removing trees from this area will not prevent the wolves from spawning either. I recommend basing somewhere flat, and somewhere where you haven't seen predators spawning. Wolves and bears will sometimes spawn in other biomes too. So if you find a suitable spot to build a base, wait around first and make sure predators aren't spawning there.

I'm running into this same problem.  I'm not in a forest (open plain with hills/ponds around) and I can't seem to get rid of the wolves.  There's a pack just outside my home to the south, another pack that keeps spawning maybe 100 blocks to the east (really, the top of a hill about 3/4 of the view distance away), and more to the northwest about the same distance.  I've built up a trapping pit area and don't think I'll run out of bushmeat any time soon, but it's really annoying because it's hard to safely leave my fences to go foraging for other resources like grass, reeds, or wood.

Is there a rate at which they're supposed to re-spawn?  Is there a way to eliminate them from an area permanently?  Am I doing something wrong such that I'm 'farming' them instead of eradicating them?

Once you craft a full set of leather armor and a metal shield (any will do but iron plate is best unless you have steel) You can pretty easily tank wolves. Good source of fat and leather.
But yes they do seem to respawn very fast. I have an area not far from my base, which isnt forest, where multiple wolf packs spawn at the same time. I believe its 3 packs, and sometimes they get 4-5 wolves each spawn which makes for a very interesting day.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.