Audible footsteps for animals and other mobs.

Perlin

A simple suggestion that I think would go a long way in this game is footstep sounds for other entities. Anything walking around, especially in a forest is going to make some noise. I've seen a lot of complaints about bear attacks, and I think this would help. Bears in this game don't always growl while running towards you. Many times they are silent until they attack. 

It would also add much more immersion to the game too. Hearing the footsteps of potential predators in the woods would be really cool.

Edited by Perlin
More justification for suggestion.
  • Like 5

I agree, footstep sounds would be great. It doesn't need to be loud like Minecraft sounds, just enough so that a player who's paying attention can get a sense for what's around them, especially for drifters and any other monster type creatures.

• 2 months later...

I strongly feel like the game needs some love in the audio department overall. I don't like how frequently the game is deathly silent. It should only happen during winter.
As for the footsteps specifically - PLEASE give them at least to drifters. I have had them sneak up on me before I could hear the moaning sound (or it wasn't indicative of their position whatsoever), and there's no reason for them not to have them (unlike animals being stealthy or something as mentioned above).

• Like 3

On 11/4/2023 at 6:33 PM, Khornet said:

I strongly feel like the game needs some love in the audio department overall. I don't like how frequently the game is deathly silent. It should only happen during winter.
As for the footsteps specifically - PLEASE give them at least to drifters. I have had them sneak up on me before I could hear the moaning sound (or it wasn't indicative of their position whatsoever), and there's no reason for them not to have them (unlike animals being stealthy or something as mentioned above).

Luckily the dev team got a sound designer on their team at last so expect those sound effect to come out eventually. Looking at the 1.19 changelog the existing sounds got reworked but new ones haven't been added yet. Hopefully the finalized 1.19 version will have animal footsteps because I can not count how many times I have been killed by wolfs and bears charging at me from behind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.