Block info/help stutters

Ryan Nienhuis

Another bug report from me, so maybe take it with a grain of salt.  I have a bad track record with them. :P  I have always had these little stutters in this game even though my frame right is solid 60fps.  I just figured it was an optimization thing that would be fixed eventually.  I was playing around in the settings though, and I discovered that these little stutters are caused by the block info overlay, and block interaction help popups.  If I turn those off the stutters completely stop.  It actually looks like there might be a little tiny stutter whenever a new popup pops up.  

Yes! I notice these myself at times and I have tried about a dozen times to track down the source of this stutter, but I've been unsuccessful so far :(

There is however a tiny chance that rc.5 will fix these. I did find an issue related to text generation yesterday.

I guess your possible fix didn't fix it.  I still have the stutters.  I was thinking that it would be nice if there was an in game toggle for those popups.  Before I made the suggestion I decided to have one more look through the menu just in case.  Turns out there is already an in game toggle for them.  I just missed it before somehow.  Im not the most observant person.

• 1 month later...

Hey, did you fix this?  Its been a while since I last played Vintage Story.  I thought I would check out the 1.11 pre-release.  Right away I noticed that I don't appear to be getting the stutters anymore.  I have also reset my windows installation not too long ago, though.  I don't know if it was the update or the reset that fixed it.      

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.