Ryzen 7 4800H RTX 2060 Stuttering

Axala

Hello
I play with a lenovo legion, ryzen 7 4800H, RTX 2060, nvme disk, 16 Go of Ram

I have some stuttering when i play, I have tried low graphic mode but I have stuttering too

Is there a way to know what's happening when the stuttering appears ?

What can I do to play without stuttering ?

I have try to set the game in high priority but I have the same problem.

I've run VS on a ten year old quadcore without SMT, slower memory, slower videocard, and slower harddisk than yours. I got a stutter-free 60-70 FPS on view distance 640 at 1440p with high custom settings. I remain unconvinced that your issue is hardware-related.

There are ways to do debug profiling of the game - unfortunately I don't know how they work. Try hopping on Discord and requesting assistance there, the community is very helpful.

It very well could be a graphical driver problem. When was the last time you cleared your DirectX cache, or did a fresh, clean install of your GPU's latest driver? Believe it or not, but those two steps can make a huge change in performance. 

(although not really the problem from what I've seen, I would also suggest buying more RAM, especially if you run things outside of your games)

The last 2 or 3 Nvidia versions have had poor performance in game for me as opposed to 3 months ago, where I was locking it to 144hz monitor refresh with no issues. At one point, the driver update reset my profiles, and turned Threaded Optimization on. This broke game performance badly, turning it off helped but the game is still slower than it was on earlier driver versions.

This is my experience on an i9-9900K, 32gb RAM, RTX2080Ti

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.