Technicality's of using an old custom seed on new builds... 1.19 preview

zartax35

Hey Vintarians,

I have this seed I really like that has a wonderful spawn environment, so I can't help but re-use it everytime the 1.19 preview builds get updated, and it always turns out to be seemingly the same world, but I'm curious-

Does the new update actually get applied to it? Like- if I made this world on the prev4 build, and I use it on the prev7 build, does that new room to the Resonance Archives get added? And those new rubble rocks and antlers? Or am I just using an outdated seed that still looks the same? I saw a thread similar to this from 2022 but it didn't seem to have the answers or questions raised that I was looking for. Basically, I just want to know if the new content was actually added, even though the world appears the same, which is exactly what I'm going for. Any advice is welcome!

Love this game to death, thank you to the devs for the amazing work.

Creating new worlds in the same version will not create the exact same world ala OtherBlockGame(tm). Ores will spawn in different places and vegetation may even be quite different (such as forests are in the same place).  For 1.19 specific changes, 1.19 worlds will spawn the same as 1.18 except for the changes Tyron posts in the News forum.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.