Mod/Feature Request: Realistic Fluids

Drago

Its actually not that expensive to simulate fluids like that. I've been often thinking about the possibilities of finite fluids, but the main problem is: How do you make mountain rivers this way? It would infinitely fill up the world, or you'd need some sort of evaporation simulation, but then you'd need to make sure the system is balanced during world generation, so that a river produces the same amount of water as there is evaporation. It's a rabbit hole :D

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My idea would be to just modify flowing blocks. So if you have a source block flowing into an air block, the adjacent air block has a chance to turn into a source block of water after so many ticks of rain. It seems like a good compromise between totally finite and infinite, slowly renewable if you don't use too much. I'm no coder, so I don't know how difficult that would be but it seems like it would be easier than trying to change how all water works.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.