Deciphering obfuscated crash culprit...

amoon

New to VS. Tested vanilla then decided to load some mods. Obviously I have attempted to load one or more mods that cause a crash when attempting to knap flint ingame. SP client crashes prior to showing the available knapping recipes.

Crash report:

Spoiler

Running on 64 bit Windows with 24 GB RAM 
Version: v1.10.5 (Stable)9/15/2019 12:34:02 PM: Critical error occurred
System.Exception: Couldn't build bounds from children, there were probably no child elements using fixed sizing! (or they were size 0)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.ElementBounds.buildBoundsFromChildren()
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.ElementBounds.CalcWorldBounds()
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiElementDialogBackground.ComposeElements(Context ctx, ImageSurface surface)
   at Vintagestory.API.Client.GuiComposer.Compose(Boolean focusFirstElement)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.GuiDialogBlockEntityRecipeSelector.SetupDialog()
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.BlockEntityKnappingSurface.OpenDialog(IClientWorldAccessor world, BlockPos pos, ItemStack baseMaterial)
   at Vintagestory.GameContent.ItemFlint.OnHeldInteractStart(ItemSlot slot, EntityAgent byEntity, BlockSelection blockSel, EntitySelection entitySel, Boolean firstEvent, EnumHandHandling& handling)
   at _9e0FcFVO6EMO3bdNWzfSbE2sCAA._HlOLWdvobSY72jhASalhtIkydcC(BlockSelection , EntitySelection , EnumHandInteract , EnumHandHandling& )
   at _9e0FcFVO6EMO3bdNWzfSbE2sCAA._lRYcNvHKVXlYp99ExhHLx8aVtUC(Single )
   at _9e0FcFVO6EMO3bdNWzfSbE2sCAA._LDMvhSw1Ur3dgCVAwfk6cnuMwpP(Single )
   at _wLUA7Zl57ubNuYMvmoIHAT2JsEX._mNx3XlLWSsCzIw8hL2W1XpTClKe(EnumRenderStage , Single )
   at _uRXOmV7NCIeGfNfhKiw3RLg97He._mNx3XlLWSsCzIw8hL2W1XpTClKe(EnumRenderStage , Single )
   at _uRXOmV7NCIeGfNfhKiw3RLg97He._MVUB6CvWCvTl60cTa6WtlHpgQ5I(Single )
   at _6bNEHNRhjQC693KfswnXnTmr5QP._MVUB6CvWCvTl60cTa6WtlHpgQ5I(Single )
   at _gaDEjOUf0jWColBe5GhxhuQfozZb._TljCHbaQhlhTB3soGynkMra1DB9(Single )
   at _gaDEjOUf0jWColBe5GhxhuQfozZb._IukhLkWAtLZG8GYc75dDEEuGLMS(Single )
   at _QXTQjJDeP6xAQG8pACSOAHcIda5._5UQWfVab73zOotsC5dVADPWqUcg(Object , FrameEventArgs )
   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame(Double elapsed, Double& timestamp)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchRenderFrame()
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at _oQIa2n4XUX9TrbUQ2XidMn96o6J._4aXI82OJZhVbIJrDryaWQTHfwSz(_NOsv5ihsSUbw96PedLF6tquccJA , String[] )
   at _alObrCebnYhDtriOdTEzw3gEdHG._4aXI82OJZhVbIJrDryaWQTHfwSz(ThreadStart )
-------------------------------

My question is thus, how can I determine which mod is failing based upon the obfuscated methods in the aforementioned crash report?

The modlist that successfully loads in a newly generated world is:

Spoiler

mod@1_10.4-BlockPhysics-1.0.18.zip, mod@5ab070c7bd6f3_PemmicanFood0.1_01.5.2.zip, mod@Armour_Release_V0.1.8_V1.10-RC1.zip, mod@BV_weapons.zip, mod@BVbear.zip, mod@BVcupboard1-01.zip, mod@CarryCapacity-0.4.4.zip, mod@compressedstone_v1.0.0.zip, mod@Desertflora101.zip, mod@Doors_and_Windows_v1.1.2.zip, mod@Earthworks-1.0.1.zip, mod@Graveyard-1.1.3.zip, mod@lakeflowers.zip, mod@rebalance_v1.0.0.zip, mod@SaltProduction.zip, mod@Stone_Hoe_v0.1.2.zip, mod@StorageBin_Release_v010.zip, mod@VintageStorage1.1.zip, mod@VS-1.10.4-The-Neolithic-Mod-2.0.23.zip

Further investigation and reading through client-main.txt revealed errors in Earthworks and rebalance so I have removed them and am attempting a new world and will reproduce knapping flint, fingers crossed.

I would still like to know how to determine precisely which mod errors from the obfuscated method in the crash report.

Oh, there's not much magic behind those obfuscated methods, those are mostly just platform specific methods that bubble up that mouse click event, so unlikely to be related to that crash.

I'm afraid in this case you're down to trial&error. Remove half to the mods, see if it crashes, if no, Remove the other half of mods, and so on. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.