Can't find Tin?

IEATDIRT
Go to solution Solved by kingdrasker,

I've prospecting for a while, (broken 2 prospector picks and very nearly a third) and the highest tin reading i can find is "very poor" I'm searching in granite, which supposedly can have "bountiful" tin, Am i doing something wrong? or am i just highly unlucky? or is this normal amounts of tin? seems to me like i should just rush a bloomery and bronze anvil and skip bronze entirely, i've found an area with "decent" hematite after all.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

On my first playthrough, I basically had the same thing happen to me. I found a bunch of hematite before I even found tin. I continued my search until I had enough bronze to get an anvil and skip the bronze age entirely. And there was more than enough hematite for me that I didn't even deplete the ore vein.
In my second playthrough I did find more dense tin readings with prospecting but I never got to the point of mining so I haven't entered the bronze age yet. I also watched this video once which explains prospecting and how veins are generated throughout the world.
It's not just random veins scattered, they apparently form giant clusters. He talks about this at 3:20 in the video
I haven't tried this yet so I can't say this is exactly how it is. But maybe you can give this a shot?
https://youtu.be/_1PJvPg-rkc?si=KGWwTYZ4DUgjiZG8

Edited by kingdrasker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.