1.19 High Fertility Soil

Adol Christin
Go to solution Solved by Adol Christin,

One of the new changes for 1.19 is that Terra Preta is craftable while High Fertility Soil now generates naturally. This is a great change, but I have spent hours scouring high rain regions and haven't found a single High Fertility block. Normally, I would have had stumbled across Terra Preta by now a few times over. Are the spawning conditions the same as the old Terra Preta conditions? Has anyone found it naturally occurring in 1.19 yet? I don't think it's bugged, just that I've been very unlikely or not as perceptive as I usually am. This is a new world that was spawned with 1.19.4, btw. What are your observations, my good fellows?

I've had worlds where I was practically throwing away terra preta for having my farming needs filled.  I think I stopped digging it up during the second summer when I had 4 stacks above and beyond the 2-3 stacks in my farm.  I've also had worlds that after 2 years I've only found barely over a full stack.  RNG sucks sometimes.

This is one reason to take all sorts of different routes when exploring or foraging near your base.  About a year in I decided to go up a slightly different gully into the hills and there was a half stack of Terra Preta about 50 blocks from home.

• Like 1

I just remembered in the second world mentioned I added a mod that gives smoke particles to terra preta for visibility.  Even after adding that mod I didn't find any additional terra preta that I had missed before.  And it didn't really help me spot new sources either as I saw the smoke particles after I noticed the near black soil.

• Solution

I have a big announcement! After a few more hours of gameplay, I finally found some High Fertility Soil! Of course you find the things you want when you're not actually looking for them. It was a few pieces up on a rock outcropping in a Common Rainfall region that was oh so shamefully close to my base. I think my error was trying to focus on regions with heavier rainfall, and not paying more attention to the Common Rainfall regions as well.

As others have stated, I have had worlds where I swam in Terra Preta, and perhaps, that has spoiled me and skewed my perception as to the availability of High Fertility Soil in 1.19.

Thank you everyone, for joining me on my epic journey.

Now, does anyone know where I can find a functioning pair of eyes?

2024-01-12_19-47-12.png

Edited by Adol Christin
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.