Character Customization / Skins

Burgersim

Hi, I'm not sure this has been suggested already, but I couldn't find it so here I go ^^*

I know this is kind of a "minecrafty" thing, but I would find it nice to have possibilities to further customize your avatar other than with clothing (or armor). Maybe something like the Skins in Minecraft or just something like a more in-depth character creator. Some more facial expressions, different body types, different hair and hair colors, that could change a lot already in my opinion. 

On a side not to that, since I do love multiplayer games and I especially like this game, I think emotes could also be really interesting to implement. Some simple gestures a character can do or perform, maybe though hotkeys or even like an emote-wheel that's accessible through one hotkey. Emotes like pointing, waving, nodding, dancing, and stuff like that could enhance the immersive aspects of the game, because you could communicate (if you wanted to) even without a chat or using discord or sthg like that. 

A side side note would also be (because of the dancing) that musical instruments would be a fun thing to implement. Being able to make music together in a way could be an interesting partime and great fun with friends ^^

Hope this was ok so far ^^

3 hours ago, Michael Salzer said:

I think emotes could also be really interesting to implement.

I refer you to this update: 

Obviously there can always be more, but we do have a few already.   As for skin customization, I too hope we'll have that someday.  With the recent addition of sub-parenting parts, it would seem like it'd now be possible to add a lot of different hairstyles at least, for player customization.

Hi Thx for the info, I do know about the update, and I do think it's a nice step, but it does still require you to type the command for the emote into the chat, and the point of my idea was to maybe not need that, because (for me) typing stuff into the chat kinda always takes away a bit of the immersion. But still, nice feature so far ^^

Also Yay too maybe some more hairstyles :3

Player made skins are not likely to be a thing as that requires some sort of a vetting process which would take too many resources to manage with a small dev team. Instead, later on in development there will be alternate character models/character customization features with a focus on art styles that fit within Vintage Story.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.