Will this keep the bears out of my pen?

Dronzo
Go to solution Solved by Maelstrom,

I used double thick fences and made the fences at least 3-high. I left out the middle just because I thought it looked better but I'm just not sure if this will be enough to keep them out. I don't want to add a roof but will do if it has to come to that. Is this good enough and can anyone tell me exactly the mechanics of the bears (how high they can climb, jump, etc.) as well? 

2024-02-08_23-32-20.png

2024-02-08_23-32-27.png

2024-02-08_23-32-57.png

2024-02-08_23-33-09.png

• Solution

Welp.  What you done did was create something of a stepped pyramid.  I'm not familiar with how bears interact with fences, but to make it more effective move the higher tier fence to be vertically above the outermost ring of your ground fence tier.

• Like 1

fences are magical, bears can't climb over on level ground.  What they can do, is reach/paw 2 blocks beyond the fence.  building a perimeter fence 2 blocks out from the pen should do it afaik

that paw reach caught me by surprise as i stood over a 4 block pit the bear was in, though the bear couldn't climb out, it was able to get a swipe at me :)

wiki:

"

Behaviors

All bears can easily hit animals over 1 block high fence, but they can't jump over fences. Brown bears, black bears and pandas can easily escape of a 3 blocks deep pit. Polar bear and sun bear can only jump 2 blocks [1]. Polar bear can swim faster than other bears [2].

"

Edited by idiomcritter
added infos
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.