Juice to Wine curing inconsistencies

Some juices cannot be sealed in barrels if they are in amounts with a non-whole number of (0.01 L) increments. For example, you can seal 4.1 L of blackberry juice, but not 4.11 L, even though the recipe is one-to-one. But it is not consistent, as you can seal 4.11 L of black currant juice. In the guide, the recipe points out that 10 mL of black currant juice turns into 10 mL of black currant wine. The same entry for blackberry juice says that 0.1 L turns into 0.1 L of wine. Which is why you can't an extra 0.01 L in the container.

This is very confusing and makes no sense, most people would just assume you can't make that wine unless they dug around in the help pages and figured out why the math doesn't add up. You will almost always end up with barrels of non-round numbers of liters, since the conversion from stacks of berries to juice goes from powers of 2 to multiples of 10.

Fair. I've often wondered why, for instance, 4.11 l couldn't just be sealed, and turn into 4.11 l of wine.

Mostly, though, after figuring out there is very little benefit to juicing over just not harvesting the berries in the first place, and absolutely none to turning it into booze, I just let the occasional stack turn into rot, thinking maybe I'll turn it into compost, though I never do.

I rarely bother with anything other than the basic horsetail-reed poultice. With a little care, you can avoid most situations where you are pressed for time, so taking 3x as long to heal doesn't make that much difference. Might try the alcohol bandage just to see, but it seems like a lot of trouble for very little benefit.

For early game I go with reeds but once I have enough flax I advance to the ones that have linen for the better healing (4 hp instead of 2).  And if you need more than 16 honey sulfur poultice's (7 hp per item, 112 hp in a stack of 16), then something's wrong with you.

• Haha 1

Well, there's certainly something wrong with me, I can't argue that. I'm always trying to save a little time by taking way too many risks and being in the bottom quarter of the red. Like trying to gather sticks at night during apocalyptic... ;)

It's just that linen is too valuable for getting more mills set up and repairing armor and making ore bombs, sulfur is too valuable for making ore bombs. Compared with reeds, which are a dozen or so scythe swings per stack, so basically free, everywhere I go. Collecting horsetail is the slow part, but since I need packed earth anyway, an iron shovel gathers them pretty quickly.

Edited by Thorfinn

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.